Part Twelve- Birthday

The next morning I was woken up by the light shining through the window and a gorgeous blonde boy stroking my hair. "Good morning darling, sleep well?" Draco said in his perplexing morning voice. "Good morning, and I slept wonderfully, how about you?" "I slept very, very well." He replied.

"Hey Draco, can I make a birthday wish already?" I asked him as he looked down at me laying on his chest. "Of course," "Can I sleep all day? Just stay right here all day long." I said. "Unfortunately I can't have you do that. You said your birthday was never really celebrated so I'm making you celebrate it this year and you're going to like it, speaking of which we need to get up and get ready, you and Emily are going dress shopping for the Yule ball and then I have a few other things planned, you're also coming to my quidditch match later." Draco said, sounding quite proud of himself. "And when did I say I would do all of this?" I said, giving him a sarcastic confused look. "You didn't but I said you were so you're going." "Well Mr. Malfoy it seems I have plans of my own, I have a date with this here bed so I'm sorry I can't make time for your schedule." I said with a smirk. "Why do you always have to be so difficult?" He asked before sighing and picking me up to carry me into the bathroom. "What are you doing?" I asked with a surprised tone. "I'm getting you ready so you're not late." He said putting me on the bathroom counter. "Are you always this insistent?" He just shrugged as a reply. "Ugh fine, I will get ready to go with Emily even though there's no point in going dress shopping when I'm not sure if I'm even going to the ball." I said, still not knowing if I would be going with Draco or not. "Thank you, I will see you in a little bit, and good luck finding a dress, love." Draco said before kissing me and leaving me to get ready for the day.

I still had extra time before Emily would be here to get me for shopping so I decided to take extra time to do my hair and makeup nice since after all today is my birthday. I curled my hair into some loose curls and got dressed. I wore a tan corset top with a pair of black ripped jeans. I also put on Draco's ring and a pair of small pearl earrings. I put a random pair of heels in my bag so when we tried on dresses I could see where the dress would sit on the day of the ball. By the time I finished everything Emily had knocked on my door and we headed to Diagon Alley.

We looked in 6 shops in total and I thought I would never find a dress that gave the wow factor I wanted. Emily found her dress in the second shop we went to. She got a royal blue v-neck gown with a fitted bodice and spaghetti straps that were made from a silk-like material. She looked stunning with the gown on, I can't imagine what Cedric's reaction will be.

When we finished looking in the fifth store I was going to give up on finding a dress and take it as a sign I shouldn't be going but Emily said if I look in one more store and don't find anything we can leave. We got to the sixth store and looked at all the dresses at the front of the store, making our way to the back. I had really given up at this point. I tried on dress after dress after dress and nothing made me feel good. That is until we made it to the very back of the store on the last rack that we hadn't looked at yet and there sat a black ball gown. I never thought about a black dress but something told me I had to try this one on. We had pulled a few other gowns to try on as well. I went to the dressing room and decided to try on the black one first and had Emily zip it up. The second she finished zipping it I looked up at the mirror and was shocked by how pretty this dress was. "I'm quite sure we won't be needing to try on any more dresses." Emily said, looking at me in the mirror. I just shook my head and smiled. The dress was stunning and I've never felt more beautiful in something before. It sat perfectly above my hips and wrapped around my waist perfectly. This was definitely the one. I finally took it off after standing there for about five minutes and went to check out. It was a little on the expensive side but I would have paid a lot more to have felt that good in a dress. The embroidering on the dress gave it that extra wow factor I wanted as well.