- 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘

┏━━━━━━━┓
THIRTY-TWO
┗━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XXTHE BATTLE FOR CASTERLY ROCK

𓃬
CHAPTER XX
THE BATTLE FOR CASTERLY ROCK

Strategising was one of Cassius Lannister's best attributes. With guidance from Tywin Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, Lord Varys and many more during his time, he was one of the most intelligent war commanders. But it was not their guidance that truly made him stand out. What truly made him stand out as one of the best we have ever known, was his own insight and his own clever ways. The usage of the sewers during the Battle of The Blackwater or flanking and trapped Lord Robb Stark during the Battle for Casterly Rock. It was his own mind that persevered, and made him the commander many after him wished to be.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XX of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

CASSIUS HEAVED ANOTHER LONG SIGH, EYES GLUED TO THE MAP BEFORE HIM. The notes he had made with the charcoal a maid had brought him stood out thickly against the parchment — a layout of Casterly Rock and it's surrounding areas. Giedrick stood beside him dutifully, his eyes glued to the parchment as well.

       Genna was seated on the other side of the long, oak table in the war chamber. The crimson of her Arbour red swirled softly in her goblet. Her golden hair was pinned up, a few loose strands framing her sunken in cheeks. The rest of the carved out wood was surrounded with a handful of lords of the Westerlands, called upon by Genna as soon as she had heard of Robb Stark's plans, Lord Harys Swyft and Lord Desmond Crakehall sat diagonally to Genna's left, while Lord Damon Marbrand and Lord Leo Lefford sat to her right.

       Scouts had reported that the forces of Robb Stark had passed the Golden Tooth, evading the large castle by leading his men along the cliffs. He was a smart one, Cassius had to admit. But his death was certain, that much was sure.

       He hadn't yet had the time to truly speak with Catelyn and Talisa after their arrival like he had planned. But it had to wait. The most important thing now was putting up a sound plan to defend the Rock and destroy Robb's forces would it be necessary.

       "This is our plan." Began Cassius firmly once he had nodded to himself in confirmation. "We want to fool Stark and his men, think that the only men we have are the ten thousand Lannister troops stationed right before the Lion's Mouth. Atop the Rocky Hills I will have ten thousand archers stationed. Derrick," Cassius nodded to a soldier standing a bit further away from the table. "will know when to let them fire and when to cease fire for he can see the battlefield from atop the hills. Behind the Rocky Hills, on either side are ten thousand cavalrymen, one led by Giedrick and the other by Lord Marbrand."