- 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━━┓
SEVENTEEN
┗━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XTHE NEARING STORM

𓃬
CHAPTER X
THE NEARING STORM

For a long time in his life, the survival and rise of his House was the most important thing to Cassius Lannister. The duty he had on this earth would not be fulfilled until he had established his House as the mightiest ever known. He wanted to leave this world knowing that the reputation of his House furthered more than that of the ancient dragonlords of the Freehold of Valyria, further than the three hundred year dynasty of the Targaryens and the large empire of the Ghiscari. To make this happen, he would sacrifice everything. If it depended on it he would give his life.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter X of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       DANIEL WATCHED WITH PITY AS ONE BY ONE INNOCENT SOLDIERS WERE HANGED. Tywin had started questioning his soldiers, knowing that the peasants and farmers wouldn't have been able to get Wolfsbane anywhere, seeing as that was used to kill Ser Amory Lorch. Of course none of them were actually guilty, but Tywin thought otherwise. He wouldn't stop hanging his own soldiers until he had a confession, or the pile of bodies would stack up too high to compensate.

       "Wolfsbane. A rare substance. This is no common assassin." Tywin muttered, looking outside just as Daniel was doing.

       "We hanged twenty men last night." The Mountain told him.

       "I don't care if you hanged a hundred. Man tried to kill me I want his name and I want his head."

       "We think it was an infiltrator from the Brotherhood without Banners." Daniel spoke up.

       The Brotherhood had been terrorising Lannister soldiers on the roads and in the forests around Harrenhall, killing them or questioning them for battle plans. It was clear they were on the side of the rebels, and they had to be taken down. Misdirecting Tywin would make quick work of them, and another problem less if they were taken out.

       "Pretentious name for a band of outlaws. We can't allow rebels behind our lines to harass us with impunity. We look like fools and they look like heroes, that's how kings fall. I want them dead, every one." Tywin said, putting the dart down on the table.

       "Killing them isn't the problem. It's finding them."

       "You gone soft Clegane? I always thought you had a talent for violence. Burn the villages, burn the farms. Let them know what it means to choose the wrong side."

       Clegane grunted, and left to carry out his orders dutifully.

       "Is that mutton?" Tywin asked as he turned to Arya, who was putting down his supper.