- 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

┏━━━┓
FIVE
┗━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IITHE FUTURE AND THE PAST

𓃬
CHAPTER II
THE FUTURE AND THE PAST

The Tyrells had always been a tight knit family. Cassius feared he would not fit in well with the Tyrells the day he heard he was to be their ward. He could not have been more wrong. Lord Mace Tyrell and Lady Alerie Hightower did not care much for him like had expected. It were their children and his mother who grew to love Cassius as he stayed with them. He had become family to them, bound to them by love and care. He fit in well with the Tyrells, even better than he fit in his own family.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter II of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       IT WAS TIME FOR THE FINAL JOUSTS TAKING PLACE IN THE TOURNAMENT. Cassius usually never held any excitement regarding jousts, but riding against his brother and beating him had always been fun, since the day Cassius had been able to do so.

"Don't worry, brother. I will make sure to go easy on you." Jaime mumbled to Cassius, who was getting his armour fixed by Giedrick.

       Cassius snorted loudly, raising his arms so Giedrick could fasten his golden breastplate, a red lion dyed on it.

       "If anything, I should be going easy on you. I have been beating you at jousting for a long time now."

       "That is because I go easy on you."

       "You've been going easy on me for almost ten years? Impressive." Cassius remarked, turning his head to look at his older brother.

       Giedrick let out a slight snort, shutting up as soon as Jaime turned his eyes to him.

       "I like to see you win, to boost your ego and then let it fade into nothing when I beat you."

       "Keep dreaming brother, just know that I will once again knock you in the dirt."

       "I'd like to see you try." Jaime left it at that, leaving Cassius's tent to let him prepare with Giedrick alone.

       "He seems quite sure of himself M'Lord, don't you think he might be able of besting you?" Giedrick asked as he finished on Cassius's breastplate.

       "My brother has become easy, sees himself as someone untouchable because of all the battles he has won. Truth is, he has gone rusty since joining the King's Guard. I will beat him, as I have done all those years before."

       "Of course you will M'Lord, I apologise for doubting you."

       Cassius smiled at his squire, laying his hand on his shoulder. "I do not blame you, Giedrick, he's still one of the best swordsmen in Westeros. I'm lucky he's just not as good with a lance."