- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘

┏━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-TWO
┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XIIIFORBIDDEN DESIRE

𓃬
CHAPTER XIII
FORBIDDEN DESIRE

The relationship between Cassius and Lady Olenna was a rather unique one. In the two years he had resided at Highgarden, Olenna Tyrell had become like family to him. The Queen of Thorns did not easily trust men and women outside of her family, but to her Cassius was different. Rather than be offended by her fiery tongue, he was amused. Often he would match her clever words with sentences that were even more clever. He had come to be like a grandson to her, and she a grandmother to him. Their bond was beautiful though I have only come to know of it through words of those who stood closest to them. I doubt we will ever see a bond like it ever again.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XIII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

MARGAERY TWISTED AND TURNED IN HER BED, TRYING HER BEST TO FALL ASLEEP. Cassius was sound asleep, Margaery wrapped in his arms as his chest was pressed to her bare back. Rhaellys was laying against her belly, the lion cub enjoying the heat she was radiating.

She wanted to sleep, but she couldn't, not as her eyes kept trailing over his arm, more specifically the many scars that lined his tanned skin. It seemed there was no end to his scarred skin, she feared that more of his arm was covered in healed wounds rather than untouched and soft skin.

She hadn't expected him to bear no scars. He's a soldier, a warrior, and warriors have scars littering their skin. But no man had so many the way he had them. They seemed to be everywhere, on his chest and his abdomen, his upper and lower back, his arms and even his legs, though less were printed there. Thick and thin, long and short, horizontally, vertically and diagonally. Some of the scars intertwined, showing that those areas were cut not once, but twice, sometimes even three to four times.

This wasn't something that was done to him on the battlefield, during a battle. This was something else. It could be that someone took him prisoner, and did this to him to get information for him, or to simply torture him for the fun of it. Perhaps... Perhaps it could even be that he did this to himself if there was no other solution.

Margaery shook her head. "He'd never do something like that to himself, he wouldn't." She repeated to herself in her head. Yet when she looked down at his arm again, the tips of her fingers trailing over his scarred skin, she couldn't imagine how else it would have happened. He had never been taken prisoner, her family treated him like a son, as did the Martells and Cassius would never voluntarily let anyone do this to him.