- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

┏━━━━━┓
TWENTY
┗━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XIITHE LION OF THE ROCK AND THE DRAGON OF KING'S LANDING

𓃬
CHAPTER XII
THE LION OF THE ROCK AND THE DRAGON OF KING'S LANDING

Tywin Lannister betraying Aerys II was an event which was shocking. In hindsight, it had been the best decision for the Old Lion to make. Decades after the date of event it would still be discussed. Once, Tywin Lannister and Aerys Targaryen were inseparable, more brothers than friends. To all good things come an end. Aerys descended into madness. Lord Tywin was he one to pick up the pieces. But from the end of one union sprouts another union, one which would be everlasting. An union that changed the world as we know it.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

SUNLIGHT BLINDED CASSIUS'S EYES AS HE OPENED THEM. Surprisingly he felt no pain, no exhaustion or sore muscles despite all the fighting he did before. Instead he felt calm and peaceful, more than he had ever been before.

"This has to be a dream." He muttered to himself. "But how can this be a dream when it feels so real?"

       He took the time to look around, confusion welling up in him as he noticed he wasn't in King's Landing. Instead, the Dornish sands surrounded him, small grains of sand breezing against his body and the warm air soothing his skin.

       He turned suddenly when he heard a wail of pain coming from behind him. A frown grazed his features as he looked at the keep that stood before him. It was an average sized one, built with red bricks made of the sands on the Red Mountains. It's stone archways were carved with intricate designs of flowers and vines, and were supported by rounded pillars.

       Another scream pierced his ear, making him flinch slightly.

       Out of nowhere, the large wooden gates to the keep opened agonisingly slow, as if inviting Cassius in.

       Hesitantly he took a few steps towards the keep, erupting into a jog when he heard another scream.

       He followed the sound the best he could, crossing the courtyard and entering the main hall. He was surprised to see it completely abandoned, the hall as empty as it could be. His eyes fell on a set of intricately carved marble steps wrapping around a large cylinder of stone.

       Another scream. Cassius noticed it came from where the stairs led to. Quickly he started ascending them, all the way to the top.