- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

┏━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-NINE
┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XVIIITHE SUN OF DORNE

𓃬
CHAPTER XVIII
THE SUN OF DORNE

The wedding between Cassius of the Houses Lannister and Targaryen and Arianne of the House Martell was a grandiose wedding. Not for the luxury of the wedding or the beauty of the decorations. But instead for the love between both the highborns who married each other. It is no secret that most weddings between those who were highborn were only for political gain. Even the wedding of our most precious king and his Dornish wife was one born out of political gain. But the love between each other was sweet, pure and unending. Their love inspired many across the Kingdoms to strife for a love just like theirs. But I believe, no other couple could love the way they did.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       A FORTNIGHT HAD PASSED SINCE THE WEDDING OF TYRION AND SANSA. Whispers regarding the night had not yet ceased, Tyrion threatening the king, Joffrey's outburst, Sansa's beautiful white hawk gifted to her by her former betrothed. There was one thing in particular that swayed through the halls of the Red Keep like it was a dance between forbidden lovers. Low whispers and murmurs were exchanged about Cassius and the Princess of Dorne and her three cousins.

       Cassius found it hard to keep his laughter to himself when he would pass yet another group of gossips, whispering about him, Arianne and the cousins like he was not there — or he could not hear them.

       It humoured him, how they believed that Tyene was truly younger than told and that she was secretly the bastard child between him and Arianne from when they were younger. Others believed he would lay with the four of them at the same time, or that all four were his mistresses. Ridiculous rumours, but rumours that could make him laugh more than the ridiculous jokes of the fool at court.

       That was before. Now, it was the morning of the day he would be wed. Nothing could make him laugh anymore, nothing could make him cry anymore. Truth be told, he felt like he would shit his breeches any moment soon (which was impossible because he had already emptied his bowels three times this morning for good measure). When he had asked his father about this feeling, he had not said much. Tyrion, on the other hand, was more than willing to share that he too had this feeling while being dressed for his wedding. He feared he would've emptied the entirety of his bowels before everyone present at his wedding. 

       He hoped it would fade as soon as he would witness the large doors of the Sept open, and his bride emerge from behind them. Cassius highly doubted that seeing her would fade out the feeling. Seeing Arianne in a wedding dress, her maiden's cloak around her shoulder would only make him even more nervous, knowing that that would be the day they would be declared one.