- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

┏━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-FIVE
┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XVITHE DRAGON AMONG LIONS

𓃬
CHAPTER XVI
THE DRAGON AMONG LIONS

Tywin Lannister always struggled with being faced with the truth about his youngest son. It reminded him of the fact that he had lost not one, but two women he loved more than anything in his life. He wanted Cassius to be proud of his parentage, rather than wallow in sadness or anger about it. He had loved Rhaella with all his heart, and he vowed to her he would love their son all the same. He had vowed to take care of him, yet harden him, be a father to him, yet be a teacher to him. Cassius was the one who would take the throne after all, and a man seated on the throne needed all the help he could get.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XVI of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

DANIEL'S EYES TIGHTENED AS THOROS STRODE FORWARD. The Hound was cut loose in the meantime, seemingly growling at the men that had cut through the ropes that held his wrists together. His grip tightened on Arya, who tensed as the Hound rubbed his free wrists.

The trial would take place now, right away. For all who were gathered to watch.

       "Lord, cast your light upon us." Thoros said softly.

"Lord of Light, defend us." The Brotherhood followed.

"Show us the truth. Strike this man down if he is guilty. Give strength to his sword if he is true. Lord of Light, give us wisdom. For the night is dark and full of terrors."

"For the night is dark and full of terrors." The men of the Brotherhood followed after him.

Daniel tilted his head in confusion as Thoros cut open the palm of Beric with Beric's own sword. His eyes widened when his blade caught fire, the Hound stumbling back.

Was this the blood magic he had heard so much about? Practiced by those in Essos and mastered by the red priests? How had Beric come to master it? Was it Thoros who had taught him or had it come to him naturally?

Many questions, yet no answers as both men were handed their shields, and faced each other.

Sandor was the first to lunge, slashing at Beric with a growl. The leader of the Brotherhood blocked his blow, as he blocked the many others the Hound aimed at him. Beric swiftly twirled, cutting his own sword downward at Sandor who stumbled back as he tried to keep Beric's flaming sword away from him.

The Hound was panicked as Beric pulled back. His eyes were rapidly looking between the flames and Beric himself, who stood ready to attack once again.