Chapter 27: Inner Demons

Disclaimer: Some of the scenes here are inspired by the book "Just Breathe" by Teresa Rilling and by the movie "The Old Guard'. And I do not own The Vampire Diaries or The Originals. This is purely a work of Fanfiction.

Chapter 27: Inner Demons

NEW ORLEANS. 2011 A.D.

Faith Mikaelson must have wandered around for ages. The white hallway she was in seemed to stretch on forever. Finally, she reached a door. Opening it, she found herself in a bare, white room with only a single mirror stand. She walked over to the mirror and studied her reflection. She was wearing a white dress, much like what she wore when she first arrived – only this time it was clean.

As she continued to watch herself in the mirror, her mirror self laughed at her. Shocked, Faith backed away. Her mirror self stared at her as she moved.

"I know who you really are." Her mirror self said ominously causing feelings of dread to rise up in Faith.

"You try to act like a good girl." Her reflection continued. "But inside, you're really just a selfish, manipulative brat."

"Stop it!" She shouted at the mirror. She didn't know if she was in a dream or if this was real, but she wanted it to stop.

Instead, her mirror self continued to taunt her. The Faith in the mirror knew her secrets, her fears, who she really was. She reminded Faith that she was just as bad as Klaus, just as bad as her father. After all, the whole reason she approached Elijah in the first place had nothing to do with him and everything to do with Faith. She had been desperate to find someone who would love her, who would stick to her regardless of everything. Her mirror self pointed out Faith's own selfish motives.

"Try as you might," The image in the mirror continued to mock her. "You can never hide how truly ugly you are."

Faith couldn't take it anymore. Enough was enough! She punched the glass and shattered the mirror. Yet, despite the cracks, her mirror self did not stop. Her evil laughter echoed in the room.

She woke up with a start. She found herself lying on an inclined bed. When she tried to get up, she was stopped by the restraints on her hands and feet.

The door open, and Adam and a woman approached. The woman was carrying a tray with what seemed to be medical instruments. She sat the tray down by Faith's head then injected her with a syringe and drew blood.

"Ow!" Faith let out a cry. She had never been fond of needles and had a low threshold for pain.

"Where am I?" Faith questioned the boy.

"Hello, my dear Faith." Adam drew close to her. "You're in New Orleans."

"What are you doing?"

"We're studying you." Adam smiled.

By then, the woman who was with him was finished. She stepped out of the room and a man came in.

"Stephen?" Faith asked uncertainly as her vision began to blur.

"No." Adam answered. "Someone worst."

The Stephen lookalike placed his hand on his temple and a sharp pain went through Faith's head. That was the last thought she had before she passed out from the pain.

~TGITW~

ONE WEEK AGO.

Faith and Adam were sitting face to face in a cargo plane heading for New Orleans. It was a 3 to 4 hour flight and in that time, Adam had revealed why they were heading there. It turned out that there was something about the land there that would aid Adam in sending her back or getting rid of her. In his words, he hasn't quite decided. Moreover, New Orleans was a power hub, a gathering place of power for his witches. They will be the one to help experiment with ways in getting rid of Faith without harming the TVD world.