Chapter 4: Homecoming (Part 1)

~Recap from Chapter 2~

Faith recognized the man.

"Alaric?"

The next moment, she found herself falling and her vision fading.

The last thing she saw was Alaric rushing towards her, probably to stop her from hitting the ground. Then Faith surrendered herself to the darkness as relief washed over her.

~TGITW~

Chapter 4: Homecoming (Part 1)

MYSTIC FALLS. 2010 A.D.

"Is that her?"

"How long has she been sleeping?"

"Alaric brought her in last night."

"Who is she?"

"What is she?"

Faith could hear talking in hushed voices. Slowly, she stirred in her sleep and eventually opened her eyes. She found herself lying in a bed and was surprised by the familiar faces looking down at her.

Everyone stopped talking immediately. They held their breath in anticipation as her eyes wandered over them. She studied them curiously, from the girl to her right to the boys standing by the window.

Finally, she turned to the girl closest to her. She had straight brown hair with doe-like eyes the color of chocolate.

"Elena?" Faith asked uncertainly.

Then she looked to the girl beside Elena and asked in the same tone, "Bonnie?"

She then went on to name each person in the room: Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt in front of her. Jeremy by the door with Anna. Stefan and Damon by the side to the windows. Though at first unsure, she became more and more certain as she recited each person's name.

Once done, she used her elbow to push herself up into a sitting position. For a minute, she looked disoriented. All eyes still on her, she continued: "What? What's going on? Why am I here? What day is it?"

"It's Saturday." Jeremy answered.

Faith shook her head and asked again, "No, what date? What year?"

Elena looked at her strangely and answered, "It's 2010."

The answer shocked Faith.

How could that be? Wasn't she just in the 10th century with the Original family? Why did she wake up in the 21st century?!

~TGITW~

Alaric studied the pictures they took of the writings in the cave. He had translated all the names by now. Niklaus. Elijah. Rebekah. Those were names they were familiar with. But there were other names he did not recognized. Mikael. Esther. Finn. Kol. Faith.

Then there was the mystery of the girl they found in the caves. As he had been taking photos of the writings, he had seen movement to his side. When he had turned, he had found the weak and dazed looking girl. She had been emerging from what seemed to be a tunnel further into the cave. The girl recognized him and had faintly called out his name. Before Alaric could react, the girl had passed out and he found himself rushing to catch her.

Alaric and Damon had brought her back to the Salvatore boarding house. The news spread among the Mystic Falls gang and everyone grew curious of her. When he had left the Salvatore house, everyone had been gathered around her bedroom whispering theories of who she could be.

Hopefully, when the girl awoke, they would find out the answers.

~TGITW~

Shortly after answering some basic questions, the girl whose name was Faith declared that she was hungry. Her stomach growled in affirmation. One by one they left the room and brought her to the kitchen for some breakfast.