Chapter 6: Truly, Madly, Deeply (Part 1)

~Recap from Chapter 5~

"Nooooo!!!"

Bonnie and everyone else turned in the direction of the scream and saw Faith running towards the flame.

As Faith passed her, Bonnie instinctively stopped her from rushing into the flames.

Klaus turned away from the fire and saw Bonnie struggling with a girl who was screaming.

Recognition and disbelief fell on Klaus' face.

"Faith?

~TGITW~

Chapter 6: Truly, Madly, Deeply (Part 1)

"Truly, madly and deeply, as the writer said." – Beauty, Fables

MYSTIC FALLS. 1000 A.D.

Faith's POV

Dear Diary,

Today, I had another dream. The whole Mikaelson family was in it. They were hosting a ball. There were many people all dressed up in amazing gowns and suits. But there were none more beautiful and handsome than the Original family. The Mikaelson brothers looked dashing in their suits. Esther and Rebekah looked like royalty in their gowns. Strangely, Mikael was nowhere in sight.

The dream ended with everyone entering a ballroom with a partner. I could vaguely remember smiling faces as they danced to a waltz.

I stared at the words that I've written down. I was sitting on the grass with my back to the tree. In my hands was a leather-bound book made up of parchments. Though the pages felt rough, I loved having something to write with. I didn't even know they had writing tools here until Elijah had bought it back with him from their trip.

I continued jotting down my thoughts. I liked these moments where I could be alone and process all the things that were happening. The quiet helps me gather my thoughts and not be influenced by the people or busyness around me.

Like my other dreams, it was hard to differentiate what was real from what wasn't. Lately, I've been feeling as if things were enfolding too much like a story or a play. And something deep in my gut was telling me that this world was not real and that I did not belong to it.

Perhaps I've been mistaking dreams for memories? But it was hard to deny it all. I could feel the grass beneath my hands. The sounds of water bubbling down the stream. With all the sights and sounds around me, how could I even think that this world was false?

This secluded spot under the oak tree by a small stream had become my favorite spot. Here, I spent days thinking about my family back home and how I could return to them. It was here too that I wrote down all I could recall.

More and more memories were coming back to me. I now remembered who the Originals were. I remember the events leading up to their vampirization. Assuming my dreams and memories were real, why was I having them?

Why was I here? Where did I come from? How do I know so much about the Mikaelsons? Are these memories of the past or things that will happen in the future? Something was not making sense. If I was from the future and I knew them from the future, why was I in the past? And why do I have this insane sense of déjà vu? As if this has all happened already. Or to be more accurate, as if this was all just a dream?

I don't remember all the details, but I do remember that things did not end well with the Mikaelsons. And it all started when Henrik was killed off by the werewolves.

The Girl in the Woodsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें