Chapter 22: I Love You

Disclaimer: One of the scenes here is inspired by a scene in the KDrama "Legend". And I do not own The Vampire Diaries or The Originals. This is purely a work of Fanfiction.

~Recap from Prologue~

Faith thought back to the circumstances that led up to this moment.

The Mikaelsons finding her in the woods.

Her awakening in a completely different world.

The family she had found here.

As she recalled everything that had happened, their faces flashed in her mind. Elijah. Niklaus. Henrik. Rebekah. Kol. Finn. Mikael. Esther.

So your life does flash before your eyes when you're about to die. She thought to herself. She chuckled softly and made Esther turn in her direction.

~TGITW~

Chapter 22: I Love You

MYSTIC FALLS. 1001 A.D.

So your life does flash before your eyes when you're about to die. She thought to herself.

Flashes of memories flooded her mind. Scenes and faces of people she had met up until now. One face more predominant than the others...

~TGITW~

She swallowed nervously as she felt him draw closer.

Her heart pounding loudly against her chest.

She breathed in and held her breath in anticipation

He whispered her name.

There was a nervous feeling that rose from her gut. She could feel butterflies in her stomach.

Finally, he said the three words that she longed for. The three words that changed everything.

I love you.

In that moment, she could no longer deny it. She knew she loved him too. There was no going back.

~TGITW~

Faith was hauling some of the harvest away when she stumbled on a hidden tree root.

From the corner of her eyes, she watched Elijah rushed to her side to catch her.

Everything seemed to slow down in that moment. Thoughts quickly flashed in Faith's mind as she fell.

Was this the cliché scene that you always find in romance novels? When the male lead catches the girl and they end up gazing into each others' eyes?

Just as she thought it, she managed to catch herself before she felt flat on the ground. Hearing a commotion behind her, she turned around just in time to see Elijah and Niklaus ran into each and hit the ground. Niklaus who had tried to catch her as well ended up colliding with his brother instead.

Elijah landed on top of Niklaus with his lips on his. Their eyes widened in shock then they quickly separated in embarrassment.

As she watched the two, Faith tried to control her laughter but failed. Soon, Rebekah and Kol joined her in laughter much to the dismay of Elijah and Niklaus.

~TGITW~

She found herself staring into a pair of charming brown eyes.

In her mind, Faith could hear the voice of Aidan Martin singing the song Punchline.