Chapter 26: Adam

A/N: Changing the year chapter 24 happened to 2011 instead of 2010 so that it matched the TVD timeline better.

~Recap from Chapter 24~

Unknown to Klaus, Faith was never taken to the police station. Instead, she had been knocked out and taken to an unknown location. Around the same time Klaus was with Haley, Faith awoke and found herself tied up in a chair. She was in a dark room with only one lamp. Out of the darkness, her captor stepped into the light causing her to gasp as she saw who it was.

~TGITW~

Chapter 26: Adam

SOMEWHERE. 2011 A.D.

Faith stirred from her slumber. Her eyes fluttered opened only to be met by darkness. As her eyes adjusted, she realized that she could not move. She was tied to a chair. She struggled against the ropes trying to break free, but it was in vain. She was stuck. She looked around hoping to see something that would shed light on her situation. The last thing she remembered was being arrested by the police and being driven away in the police car. After getting into the car, she must've blacked out because she didn't remember anything else.

Suddenly, a burst of light caused Faith to flinch and shut her eyes. She could hear footsteps walking towards her. Finally, she forced her eyes opened. There was a hanging lamp that had been turned on and revealed her immediate surroundings. It seems she was in some sort of warehouse. Out of the darkness, her captor stepped into the light causing her to gasp as she realized who it was.

It was a young boy. No older than ten. He had mousy brown hair, pale white skin, and grey eyes.

(Character is based off Gabriel Hayward from Person of Interest)

"Who are you?" Faith asked.

"My name is Adam." The boy replied with a young accent. "Or, you may know me as Gaia, Mother Earth, Nature."

"What?" Faith asked in confusion.

"Well," The boy stepped towards her. He had an arrogant smirk on his face. "I am the personification of Nature. You know, the phenomena that dictates the laws and forces that govern this world."

"But..."

"But what? It doesn't make sense?" Adam cut Faith off. "You would think that after all that you've seen, vampires, werewolves, hybrids, etc. etc. Mother Nature would just be another add on to the list."

He circled around her as he spoke, gesturing with his hands to demonstrate his point. All the while, he examined her. In turn, Faith watched the young boy as he moved.

"No." Adam stopped to face her again. "What doesn't make sense here is you."

"Faith Mikaelson." His words dripped with dislike.

The surprise must have shown on Faith's face because his next words addressed it.

"Yes, I know all about you Faith. I know you come from another world. I know you don't belong in this world."

"How–" Faith tried to ask but was once again cut off by Adam.

"You see, every now and then, one of you pesky beings would enter my domain. What's the word they call you nowadays? Interdimensional beings."

"So, when someone like you comes into my world, it glitches up the system." Adam continued. "This is where I come in. Nature has to correct the glitch and so it finds someone like me to do so. I am Nature's vessel or avatar you could say. I am the epitome of nature encompassing all its characteristics."