23

Gillian had not been prepared for this kind of reunion. Not in any way. After several weeks without hearing from each other, Hunter and Gill were now standing opposite each other, just a few meters apart, and did nothing more than stare at each other in surprise.

What else do you say in a situation like this? Nice to see you again? Probably less so. They had known each other since their first day at Hogwarts, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find the right words. But that was not the case. Therefore, Gill approached Hunter rather hesitantly and slowly at first, because she didn't know what his first reaction was, nor what his first words to her were.

The moment Gill wanted to hug Hunter after all this time, he instead took her face in his hands to kiss her, before following up by gently stroking her cheek and becoming visibly more relaxed, dropping his shoulders.

"It's about time," smiling, Gillian put her arms around Hunter's neck, giving him a fleeting kiss on the lip and then looking at him a little confused because, despite everything, she still hadn't expected to meet him here, "What brings you to Paris, of all places?"

"Is that all you're interested in?" retorted Hunter, playfully offended, looking at the white-haired girl and rolling his eyes after a moment, sighing, "Dumbledore. He wants me to keep an eye on Scamander."

"Scamander. The same Scamander the book came from?", of course it had to be THE Scamander, after all there was only one Scamander Dumbledore had been friends with for decades, so Gill's question had been redundant, "And where is he now?"

"Um, at the corner of..... ", but when Hunter turned around, he was allowed to find that the wizard and Muggle were long gone, "I hate it."

"It's your own fault. It was obvious that coming from Dumbledore, it would involve a lot of work and is guaranteed not to be as easy as it may sound," dismissive because it should have been obvious to Hunter beforehand, Gill shook her head and looked at her old friend with a sober expression, "Why should you keep an eye on him anyway? His school days are over, as far as I know."

One reason, became two, then three and by now, no idea many, why it had to go to Paris. The first and most important remained Obscurus. A boy named Credence, presumed dead after the New York affair, is to be found before Grindelwald at any cost.