29

If one thing was true of the new time reverser, it was overpriced. As a rule, everything was overpriced if you were in dire need of it. And it didn't matter, because people would pay just about anything if they had no other choice and no other option. The night would be long now, however, Gillian didn't care because, it was a small price to pay for that when Hunter and she got home.

At a boarding house near the center of town, Hunter and Gill moved into a room where they both immediately sat down on the floor at the small wooden table and both placed time reversers and three spell books on the worn top. At first glance, as at second, it had been impossible to tell where the sand had trickled out. If the man from that time had not shown them, they would continue to have no idea what it was, and would probably search forever for the spot, which was highly doubtful to find anything, because they would not know what to actually look for.

If a time reverser can be broken accidentally, then it should also be possible to break another one on purpose. Although it would have been smarter by far to start their venture outside in the open, Hunter and Gillian decided, in order not to attract attention, to use Fianto and Protego Horribilis to create a protective barrier that closed like a bubble around the time reverser so that whatever happened would only affect the golden jewel.

Destroying it was easier said than done, which neither should have been surprised about. According to the three versions of Bombarda, which meant Maxima and Philipus, neither the glass nor the gold possessed a single scratch. Like new, although no trace would have remained of any other object. The same was true for Confringo, Deprimo, Deffindo as well as Dissolutio. Expulso and Incendio plus Incendio Maxima had a crack, but nothing could be seen. Reducto had been the second to last spell on the list Gill had compiled from the books. Looking at the time reverser after it would be tried with the Semprasktis, Hunter could not see much. Old and worn, the pendant now looked worn, but the glass was still intact.