19

A small origami bird landed the next morning, next to Gillian's wand, on the table in the park where she was sitting, and made a squawking sound to attract her attention. If this had been a real bird, it might have been a crow, despite the fact that the paper was white. The paper bird made two final calls before toppling lifelessly to the side.

After Gill took the bird in her fingers and looked at it from both sides, she looked around the park, but at the moment, there were just seven people with her included here. A really pretty gimmick. Otherwise, one can hardly say it and without magic, this would have been even better. Origami was an art in itself and much more difficult than it seemed.

Even though it was a pity about the little work of art, Gill unfolded the animal, smoothed out the note and found nothing more than an address inside. No initials, just a Paris street number.

Before Gill was able to knock, the front door opened by itself and at the same moment, she was already pulling out her wand. Safe was safe. But she could have spared herself that, because no sooner had she climbed halfway up the narrow stairs than she was met by the Frenchwoman, from yesterday, and led into the living room.

"I'm glad you accepted my invitation," said a white-haired man, smiling, as Gillian entered the room with the Frenchwoman, and she stopped as if uprooted at the sight of him, "Especially since this one is from a third-rate magician."

"If I had known who this came from, I wouldn't have followed her," no, Gillian wouldn't have and she certainly would have, given Paris a wide berth so as not to, yes, interfere with Grindelwald's history, "Whatever you want, not interested."

"What would you be interested in?", since Grindelwald's question was more than unexpected, Gillian merely opened her mouth slightly and therefore looked at him a little perplexed, "Not too long ago, when we first met, you were looking for something. Perhaps I could be of assistance to you and in return, you are of assistance to me."

"Too kind, however, I do not trust you," Gill found back to her words rather quickly and began to smile, "Especially since I know your time is numbered and soon, someone will come along who will far surpass you and be more powerful than you will ever be."

"Ah, the gift of sight. A gift given to only a few of us," if Grindelwald knew that Gillian Trelawney's course in divination had passed with flying colors thanks to Hunter's help, "If you already know my future, you must have seen what I want to do for the magical society. We've been hiding from the Muggles for centuries, and it's time to end that. How do you get a glimpse of the future so that I can show you that what I am trying to do has good intentions?

"I read books," Gillian replied matter-of-factly, which wasn't even a lie, and let her gaze wander over to the window, where the din of people on the streets was growing louder, "Whereas I never would have believed that some of the garbage would ever be helpful or of any use. But well.... Are you looking for a psychic? Thus, I am not your choice. I'm more into black magicians. I'm familiar with those, but they're not your problem."

Since Grindelwald himself is considered one of the most powerful black magicians of all time.