18

In the night sky above London's rooftops, a cloud of black smoke trailed its path and materialized on the ground below only after several rounds of the bus station. There was no information on the exact location where Hunter was to meet Scamander, nor any other clue. At this point, which was the last time he had spoken with Dumbledore until now, the future principal couldn't say much about it. It would come up, was what Hunter received instead.

A small, half-charred note sailed very slowly to the ground in front of Hunter's face after he had looked around the station and, during his subsequent tour, had witnessed two figures jumping out of one of the buses and apparating.

The charred piece of paper contained only one word and that was 'follow'. Too kind. Did Dumblore really think that all he had to do was let a piece of paper land at Hunter's feet and he would just follow it? So slowly this guy crossed a line and that wasn't missing much, then it would get ugly. And ugly, was one of his specialties.

"Ah Hunter," pleased that Hunter had followed his message, the not-so-old Dumbledore began to smile, causing Newt to glance fleetingly in the same direction, "You're just right."

"Yes, fine," Hunter replied briskly; pulling his shoulders up to his ears, thanks to the cold breeze over the Thames, and tucking his fists into his pockets, "You can kiss my ass Professor. You don't have to assume that everyone will jump the minute you want or say something. I'm out."

"And yet you're here," however, something that could and definitely could be changed quite quickly, and though Dumbledore knew this, his next words were directed at Newt and not Hunter, "I'd probably decline too if I were you. It's late. Good night Newt."

"Wait. No... Oh, well thank you," but Dumbledore disappeared without answering Newt's objections and all that was left was a floating glove holding a small card between his thumb and forefinger and slipping it into Scamander's breast pocket, "Dumblerdore."

"I'm beginning to look forward to the day of the Astronomy Tower again," However, Hunter is not looking forward to the enormous chaos and certain people who will be there by any means, "This can only end up great."

Declining, Hunter raised his right hand and shook his head as Newt turned to him to ask if he understood what that just was.