"Good evening, it's Shane right?" the Uber driver spoke, attempting to have a conversation. She however softly sighed, slightly annoyed as she didn't actually want to have a conversation with this stranger. In her head, his job was just to drive her to her destination and that was that. That's what he was getting paid for.

"Good evening, and yes," she shortly responded, hoping he would keep quiet. She looked out of the window, remembering that she had forgotten her earphones on the kitchen island, so she couldn't use them to block him out.

When she heard the music getting slightly louder, she smirked, happy that he would be ending the conversation here. She took out her phone so she could finally respond to Lukas' message, her younger brother.

Luke💙: soo...Chicago? 4:57 PM

omg, can't believe dad told y'all my location. Really don't know why I allow him to find my location anymore, when he keeps breaking his promise🙃. 6:23 PM

She rolled her eyes, a small smile playing on her face - because she knew somehow, someway, Luke would get it out of dad. She did not know how he figured it out, but her dad was the only person who would always have a guaranteed location on where she was, every time she relocated. It would pop up once, before she turned it off and turned it on, once again whenever she felt like it, so she could let him know that she was okay.

She rarely spoke to her family with the exception of Luke. Not because they were estranged, no, quite frankly in her books, they were on the best terms. She just could not allow herself to, until she was satisfied.

Her dad however, could not cope without knowing that his beloved daughter was okay, so this was the only compromise she came to. Before this, she kept all of them in complete darkness.

Luke💙: i get that, but Chicago? You never go to the same city twice? What gives? 6:25 PM

lmao, not you getting into big brother mode, when you just my little brother. stay in your lane sir. And don't worry, everything is fine. Hope Med School is going okay? Miss U, and Luv U! xxx. 6:25 PM

It was just like Luke to worry, and she found it sweet - but in her head, just because she was female, it did not mean that she could not take care of herself. Her father never worried about Luke, yet he always wanted to check in on her. She also wanted him to give her that freedom to just hit him up whenever she wanted to.

She was the ambassador, and embodiment of independence, and she preferred to keep it that way. She loved the freedom that came from not depending on anyone, and just doing what you love to do, with no questions asked.

Soon enough, the car was pulling up to the curb, and she smiled seeing Logan waiting outside with Michael. Logan had ordered the Uber for her just so she would show up. She had tried to come up with any sort of excuse that would get her out of going out tonight, but Logan had found a solution for each and every single problem.

She thanked the driver before stepping out with a smile, watching the two men waiting on her.

"Hot damn Shane," Michael uttered, his eyes wide open.

"You've got that right, what are you trying to do Shane?" Logan asked, a smirk on his face as he scanned her fit from top to bottom. He loved the locs that were loosely tied at the back, and the LV bag hanging on her side.

What caught his attention though, what caught the attention of every man that walked past Shane was the deep V-neck that stopped right above her belly button, leaving nothing to imagination.