🌼Her first punishment🌼

🌼 Prince Alex's point of view 🌼

She trembled as I moved into the room and closed the door. The poor thing, this will be a great training opportunity.

"You disobeyed me Pepper" I reminded her. She cringed away as I carefully moved past her. I should be glad she's not running.

I'll just make it worse by forcing anything. I emptied out her cage and dumped everything behind the desk.

"Go on. Into the cage" I instructed, she examined the empty cage and hugged herself. I hate how pitiful and scared she looks.

Is this a good punishment? My father would recommend some old fashioned dominance. I could never hurt or treat her like that, she doesn't need to be 'dominated'.

She seemed nervous about going in there with me standing beside the cage. I didn't know whether moving would be better for her, or would make the punishment seem less affective.

She slowly slunk onto her hands and knees, trying to make herself small and less of a target I guess.

The gate shut and locked and I sighed. She trembled and watched me anxiously. Yet she hasn't hit me, so I hope she doesn't think I plan on hurting her.

"You will be in there with nothing, except to go toilet or get a drink, this isn't unreasonable" I told her. She hugged herself, shivering in a corner of her cage.

I really want to pull her out and hug her, maybe I'm being to mean... No, I need to be firm with her. It was good my voice hadn't lost any firmness.

I went to get ready for bed as her shaky breath was easily heard as I went about getting stuff done. The servant arrived with our food and I gave her a glass of water.

She didn't even drink, shrinking away from me as I reached my hand in to sit the glass down.

I ate my food away from her, leaving her to decide if she wanted a drink or not. Once I finished I retrieved the half drunk glass of water. She still cringed when I reached in.

"This is just for leaving the room Pepper, you haven't done anything that bad" I assured her, before hiding my sympathy, I can't do this, she is still in trouble.

I put the dishes on the cart and moved to turn the light off.

"Can I... Can I atleast have a blanket?" She stammered nervously, I sighed, I guess the room is cold. I couldn't help but notice her flinch as I brushed past the cage to get to the pile of stuff.

I pulled up the blanket and opened the cage once more, I dropped it inside, knowing that she would avoid me.

I turned the lights off and could hear her shuffling around with the blanket. I brushed past her cage once more, she squeaked and guilt tore at me.

I woke up and nearly forgot that she was being punished as I felt alone on the bed. I sat up and had breakfast, giving her more water and only letting her out to go toilet.

She ran to the toilet like she was afraid I would change my mind and leave her to suffer in the cage.

She seemed so timid when she returned, creeping past me and crawling into her cage to curl into the blanket.

It seemed uncomfortable in there, without padding or a pillow. Her eyes were wide and I felt bad, but I managed to not convey that to her.

I was distracted through the day, thinking of Pepper being sad all day. Dalton didn't seem swayed by my distraction, instead choosing to stay hyped.

The walk in the park, the lakeside lunch, the country style dinner. All went by without much attention by me.

"Hey, if something's up, I won't pry. But just know, you've got this!" He encouraged, I smiled and went home. Desperate to check up on her.

I went to my room quickly, she was still in her cage, seeming to jump in surprise when I barged in. I should have been a bit more subtle.

"What'd she do?" Asked a voice, I jumped in surprise myself, meeting Calum's eyes, he smirked at my reaction.

"She broke a rule. It's her punishment" I explained, he raised his eyebrows.

"She doesn't even have a pillow" he tutted, I don't understand his point.

"It's her...." I tried to explain.

"Punishment, yes. But even prisons have pillows" he explained.

"Well, that's true" I mumbled. He pulled up her pillow and handed it to me.

"Hurry up, make it better." He encouraged. I sighed and opened the cage. She moved away and pressed away from me. I set the pillow down and closed the cage.

"How longs the punishment?" He asked, I sat on the bed, and he moved beside me.

"Just today. It's her first time breaking a rule" I explained, he nodded his understanding.

"She really is a scared thing. I know you're doing the best you can. She's still just 14, from a bad past" he explained.

"That's old enough to learn the rules and take responsibility" I said, he laughed and nodded.

"Yes, it is, I just don't like seeing them crying when I come around" he added.

"Crying?" I asked, confused now. I know she teared up at the beginning, but I haven't heard her cry about it.

"Yeah. I came in here and she was a mess, I gave her some water. She just wouldn't stop, I was worried you'd done something" he laughed, though the laugh was strained.

"She's not now" I said, looking over to her.

"No, that's because she stopped an hour ago." He stated. I stood and crouched in front of her cage, wet patches in her blanket the only give away that she had been crying.

"Pepper, you don't need to cry. I'm only locking you in here without anything to teach you not to break the rules" I told her. She hugged the pillow and hid behind it.

"What's the real punishment?" She asked. I paused, real punishment?

"You lost certain privileges for a day. That's a punishment" I explained, she hugged the pillow tighter.

She didn't speak, yet I could tell she didn't believe me.