Showing emotions or having feelings were strictly forbidden in the house of Nott. Theo's father would hit him with a belt if Theo was to show any emotions.

An exhausted Rose dragged her feet against the hard floor as she found her way to the kitchen table. She sat down, a coffee mug in her hands, sparkle in her eyes.

"When does the train leave?" She asked grinning like a little child.

Theo chuckled a little, running his fingers through his hair. "In two hours."

Rose's smiled widened and she reached for Theo's hand. She caressed his palm with her thumb. "I know that going there isn't easy to you, so I am really grateful that you are doing it. I appreciate it."

"I know you do," said Theo with a small smile. "And you are right, London is a big city. I'm sure I won't run into anyone I used to know."

"Exactly. And if you do, I can flip them the finger and make them go away," smirked Rose.

The image of Rosemary Venice flipping a finger to his old friends was a very amusing image. His friends weren't the ones Theo wanted to avoid so badly ― or they were but they weren't as bad as his father but the worst imaginable people Theo could run into were the Malfoys.

While Theo's father was a bad one to run into, and the man would most likely just curse Theo's existence while the Malfoys would be happy to see him ― but hurt and disappointed. Theo didn't like to disappoint his best friend's family. And he will since he was dating a muggle and had ran off all those years ago. 

"I would really appreciate that," said Theo with a smile. 

The blonde grinned before leaning to give her boyfriend a kiss on his lips. 

"I have to pack the rest of my stuff," she muttered against his lips.

Rose packed several books ― she figured she needs them for all the reading she was going to do on the way to London. She as going to miss a few days of school but she had decided not to care too much. She has never missed school, not even when she's been sick. That much of a perfectionist she was. 

When she was around thirteen, her mother's were slightly worried about her need to perfect in everything. Rose saw a therapist briefly who came to the conclusion that because Rose's biological father didn't care to have her ― she needed to prove she was worth it. 

Rose denied this but subconsciously she knew it was true from some parts.

Theo locked the door of their apartment and dropped the keys to Inez's before leaving the building. 

The breezy October air felt fresh against Rose's face as she and Theo headed to the train station to catch their train. Since it was a Sunday, the station was filled with people who had spent their weekend somewhere else than Cambridge and were now heading to their weekly lives. Rose and Theo however were going to take a little break from their reality and were going to spend the next three days in London in honor of Rose's twenty-first birthday. 

Rose had her hands full with her bags and the extra cup of coffee she had just bought from the little café around the corner. The amount of coffee Rose Venice drinks is unhealthy. 

They looked for their train for about ten minutes before noticing it.

Theo's heart skipped a beat when he thought he saw a scarlet red train with a steam engine but when he blinked his eyes a few times, he only saw a normal train instead of the Hogwarts Express. 

With some guidance provided to them by Rose ― the couple found their places and put their belongings on the hat track just above them. 

Once settling on their seats, Rose took out her favorite book, Anna Karenina.