❤𝗢𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘀➻𝙄𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚/𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙀𝙧𝙖 ❥•𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳❤

You drove along the deserted road, tears streaming down your face as you sped along. There were no cars on the road as it was an isolated track that not many people frequented very often. It was a place that you and Michael knew all too well, for in the early days of your courtship, you would drive out to the lonely area - just to have true privacy for yourselves. It was where cameras had never been able to find you - where you were able to express your blossoming love for each other in more ways than one. Now those sweet days seemed so far away, yet they were still so vivid in your memory.

But after the recent revelation, you couldn't believe your love story to have been true anymore. All of a sudden, everything felt like a lie.

You brought the car to a stop on the side of the road, close to the tree that you and Michael had always stopped beside to finally just be with each other. Everything around you was dark, somehow mimicking the void you now felt inside of yourself. As you leaned back against the seat, you sighed, the pain finally hitting you with full impact. For three whole decades, you had given everything to Michael. You'd devoted your entire being to your marriage, and the countless sacrifices you'd made now seemed like a waste.

What hurt the most was the fact that you had put off having children when you had truly wanted them a little earlier on in your marriage - the only reason for your decision to wait being the fact that Michael's career was the most eventful at that time. It had been a mutual decision, yes, but only because compromise was necessary to make a marriage work. You loved him, and you believed he loved you just as much - so it wound up being a decision you were comfortable with. But, if you'd known that he was going to end up conceiving another child with a woman you hadn't even known he knew, you would have done things differently.

Given Ian's age, you knew that the affair would have occurred around four years into your marriage - which was around the time you had wanted children with Michael. It felt like a slap in the face, really. You felt as though you had been deviously denied something that was given so freely to someone else.

There was an overwhelming mix of emotions because at the end of the day, you had grown to love Ian unconditionally - and nothing was ever going to change that; not even the fact that he was a product of your husband's infidelity.

A good fifteen minutes passed of you just sitting there, reflecting on whatever flashbacks ran through your mind.

From your peripheral line of vision, you sensed movement - a figure shifting from behind the tree. You turned your head quicker than anyone could have blinked. Since both sides of the road eventually extended into forest areas, you were very observant - just in case there was danger.

Even when you were upset, you had a keen mind to keep aware still.

You frowned when you saw the outline of an older lady peeking at you from behind the tree. Though you couldn't see her clearly, she seemed to be a rather petite lady, possessing thick white hair that appeared to be twisted into a bun. Slowly, she revealed herself, carefully approaching your vehicle. Her clothing gave you the impression that she was somewhat of a gypsy, but you couldn't have been sure. Her jewelry was a little overbearing, but for some reason it suited her. Strangely enough, you didn't feel threatened by the strange lady that was heading straight toward your car.

You merely continued to stare at her as she stepped into the light. Then, you gasped when you saw her face - more specifically, her eyes.

They were purely light blue - and by purely, she didn't have pupils or an iris for each eye. They were just...blue. You couldn't tell whether she was blind or not but you were a little too terrified to ask.

Your hand shifted to the steering wheel in a bid to drive away from her, but then she spoke.

"Hmm...indeed," she mumbled, moving her head from side to side as though she were trying to analyze something that wasn't there. When she reached out to grab your hands through the open window, you became aware that she couldn't see - at least not what was physically in front of her.

A rush of anxiousness flooded through you, but not for too long. Something about the way she clasped your hand made you feel....at ease.

"You seek answers, my dear," her voice was rough and husky.

With a bit of a confused frown, you gulped. You wanted to respond, but your voice failed you.

"Do not doubt, my dear, for I know what you seek," she continued. "You....seek answers.....about a woman," she began thoughtfully, as if reading your mind. "A woman....that....has brought you great pain...but great joy as well. She has borne a son that has...given you love.....but she has left blemished your belief in your husband,"

At that moment, you instinctively turned to face her completely. You were bewildered at the fact that she had known so much about your troubles despite being a complete stranger. It both scared and intrigued you.

"Yes..." she continued, squeezing your hand as she spoke. "Sasha...and Nicholas..." she uttered the names of Ian's deceased, biological parents.

Your eyes widened further as you continued to stare at her in shock. There were still tears in your eyes, but now they held something other than despair.

"What do you truly wish to know?" she then asked.

There was a pause on your end as you reflected on the gravity of the situation.

Could she be the one to really give you the answers you sought?

· ·✦╞═══•🎀•═══╡✦· ·
𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬:
•┈┈••✦🧸✦••┈┈•
𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜!
𝙇𝙚𝙢𝙢𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨!
𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝!

"𝕂𝔼𝔼ℙ 𝕐𝕆𝕌ℝ 𝕃𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋 𝔸𝕃𝕀𝕍𝔼,"

💕𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬, 𝑰𝑺𝑯𝑨💕
· ·✦╞═══•🎀•═══╡✦· ·

💕𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬, 𝑰𝑺𝑯𝑨💕· ·✦╞═══•🎀•═══╡✦· ·

· · ─────── ·🎀· ─────── · ·