❤𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗱 (𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗲 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲) ➻ 𝘽𝙖𝙙 𝙀𝙧𝙖❤

🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸
1989
🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸

You peeked into the private ward room, a smile lighting up your face as you looked at the famous man that had been your patient for the past week. You worked as a nurse at a central hospital that stood near the middle of the city area, and that was a position you'd held for a few years now. Working in the field that you did allowed you to grasp certain opportunities that wouldn't have been afforded to anyone else. Interestingly enough, your position enabled you to meet rather renown people that were better addressed as celebrities. Of course, it wasn't as though you crossed paths with famous people everyday, but you certainly came into contact with them a lot more often than the average person did. Usually, you tended to regular patients - but for the past week, you had been assigned to administer care to a very special individual, someone the world better knew as Michael Jackson.

He'd been brought to the facility upon suffering severe dehydration as well as extreme exhaustion - a result of the fact that he constantly overworked himself when it came to his art. You might not have known him personally, but from what you had seen and heard - there wasn't a single part of him that didn't put everything into his music. His shows were always overflowing with energy, and his music never failed to make people want to dance themselves. He was a very hard worker - almost to a fault.

Initially, you'd thought your seniors were pranking you when they'd handed you his file, but you quickly learnt that none of it was a joke.

From that moment on, you had chanelled all your time into caring for the patient that had been specifically assigned to you, and it hadn't taken long to understand why you had been chosen. You and Michael bonded very quickly the second you met, already forming a friendship that made him feel comfortable with you. The most important thing for every medical professional was that their patients trusted them wholeheartedly - and that had materialized perfectly for you. You were there to help him with whatever he needed, and he trusted you enough to ask you for certain things he wouldn't feel easy enough to ask anyone else.

It was approaching midnight, and most of the nurses had gone home for the evening. The nurses on the graveyard shift were in their respective work areas, and you were one of them.

"Hey," you smiled when you saw that Michael lay awake in his bed, scribbling something down on his notepad - presumably lyrics for a song he hoped to write.

He looked up, his face growing bright when he spotted you in your uniform. "(Y/N)," he grinned, watching you walk in.

"Do you like the decorations?" you asked, referring to the Halloween ornaments that had been placed around the room strategically, just to bring the season into light.

"Very much," he nodded. "I feel like I'm trick-or-treating already," he raised his eyebrows.

You couldn't refrain from giggling as you made your way closer to his bed. He began to sit upright, adjusting himself as though he were preparing to stand up.

"Woah there," you rushed forward, reaching out to steady him.

Though he wasn't unsteady on his feet, his hands instinctively held onto your waist as you grabbed him - the both of you feeling a little awkward at the sudden contact.

"I'm not incapacitated, I can assure you," he joked.

You shook your head as you pulled away reluctantly. "I don't know - you were pretty exhausted a few days ago...you shouldn't be on your feet just yet," you bit your lip.

"But look, I'm quite alright," he gestured to the fact that he was on his feet, steady.

Rolling your eyes, you waved him off. "Alright, alright, but don't stay like that for too long. You're still recovering," you began to move around the room to ensure that everything was as it should have been.