❤𝗔 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗢𝗳 𝗔 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 ➻ 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙧𝙖❤

🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸
1983
🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸

The cinema screen flashed brightly before it turned bright red, loud screams emanating from the ghoulish scene of the horror movie that was showing for you and your beloved fiancé alone.

It seemed right out of a Michael Jackson Thriller short film, the way you instinctively covered your eyes at the sight of blood, and it may very well have been a real life Thriller scene because the fiancé that you were seated with was Michael. Yes you were engaged to Michael Jackson, no it wasn't a joke.

It probably never quite sounded believable, no matter how you tried to say it, but there he was, seated next to you - unable to control his laughter at how startled you were.

The rest of the theater was empty for the pair of you, a result of the fact that Michael had decided to take you to a good old fashioned movie date for Halloween, with special arrangements of course. After all, it wasn't as though he could just take you out on a spontaneous date to a public place - the crowds would have eaten the both of you alive before you even made it in.

But having space for solely the two of you wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was quite a blissful feeling, for all you really needed was each other's company to feel content.

And in that same token, you'd both decided you wished to see a horror movie, befitting the theme of the evening. However, it was a little more gore than you were prepared for. You'd done your best to stomach most of it, but it had eventually gotten too much for you to sit through without flinching every now and then.

Michael, on the other hand, was a different ball game altogether. You couldn't tell which he was enjoying more - the movie, or the fact that your reactions tugged at his heartstrings every time he saw it.

Whichever it was, you were not as relaxed.

"Stop laughing!" you groaned, turning to glare at him. "It's not funny,"

"Y-Yes it is!" he giggled, shaking his head. "You should see your reactions!" he continued. "It's....t-too cute," he snickered.

"It's not-" you cut yourself with an involuntary scream as another violent scene flashed on the screen, finally forcing you to stand up when Michael began to laugh even harder. "Alright, I'm going outside," you let out a breath, grabbing your bag. "I'll wait for you,"

"Hey!" he got up without hesitation, chasing after you. "I don't want to watch it if you're not there!" he continued to laugh, following you.

You walked all the way out of the theater, out into the foyer. As you passed by some of the staff members, you waved at them politely before making your way through the exit. You could hear Michael thanking them hurriedly before catching up to you.

"(Y/N)!" he grabbed your arm, pulling you back without much effort - not that you struggled.

"You didn't have to follow me, you know," you laughed. "I can wait for you out here - but I cannot sit through that movie. I anticipated horror, but that was some next level gore," you winced. "If you-"

"(Y/N), what did I say? If you're not with me, I don't want it," he chastised, moving closer to you. Since it was close to midnight, the street was completely empty, leaving the pair of you some relative privacy. "If you can't sit through the movie, we can do something else. I just want to be with you,"

As your smile widened, he flashed you a smirk.

"But you were scared, weren't you?" he raised an eyebrow.