❤𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 ➻ 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙧𝙖 ❥•𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦❤

You opened your eyes to find that you were laying in a hospital bed, surrounded by the walls of a private hospital ward room. Instantly, you remembered everything that led up to the current moment, including the attack that had been unleashed on you and Michael. You began to panic when you realized that he wasn't there - but the sight of a suited man by your bedside. You squinted, your eyes attempting to adjust to the light that now streamed through the window.

The suited man looked both approachable and stern at the same time. Straight away, you knew that he was a figure of authority.

"Miss (Y/N)," he gave you a curt smile as you sat up, looking around.

"W-Where's Michael?" was the first thing you asked. "Where's Michael?" you repeated.

The man nodded, reassuring you as he spoke. "He's perfectly fine. He sustained a stab wound that luckily didn't prove to be fatal. He's in another ward for now, don't worry. There is a detective assigned to speak with him as well,"

You let out a sigh, understanding that the man before you was a detective.

"I'm Detective Jenkins," he introduced politely. "And I'm here to ask you a few questions about your friends...Sandy and Isaac," he paused. "Do you remember what happened two nights ago?"

It's been two nights already?

"W-What....happened to them?" you managed. "Are they alright?"

His face fell slightly, his eyes turning a little more solemn. Instantly, your heart sank.

"I'm....very sorry....(Y/N), but your...friends weren't...as lucky as you and Michael were," he cleared his throat.

"Jon killed them, didn't he?" you mumbled, tears flooding your eyes. "The sick bastard!"

The detective's eyes went large the moment you mentioned his name. As far as he was concerned, neither you nor Michael were supposed to be aware of the name of the killer.

"Do you know him?" he questioned, his features now becoming more focused.

"No but Sonia-" you stopped, suddenly remembering that everything you had seemed to know was from the vision you'd seen when you'd been unconscious.

Jenkins' face paled as his jaw fell open in disbelief, looking more taken aback than you did.

"So....it's true then. The legend is true," he let out an involuntary, exasperated scoff.

The mention of Sonia's name seemed to trigger a response in the detective that you now felt you needed an explanation for.

"What the hell is going on?" you whispered.

His eyes darted around the room briefly before landing on you again, a rather cryptic expression on his face as he began to speak once more. "Listen, I'm a detective, first and foremost.....and I always believe in the power of logic. Anything less is pure rubbish," he sighed. "But, in....the years I've spent working for law enforcement....I've heard the repetition of a certain legend centered around Halloween night," he kept his serious eyes on you. "Apparently back in the early seventies, in that same cabin block, there was a couple that lived there. The story goes that one evening they got into an argument about the...darker fantasies the man entertained in his mind. The name of that man was Jon Rothberg, and all we know of the woman's name is-"

"Sonia..." you completed for him.

"It is said that he murdered her...but no one could ever prove it because her body was never found. He went on the run, and the police department had great difficulty trying to find him. Even if they had found him, there would have been no evidence to have proved that he killed her. Sonia had just...disappeared," he shook his head. "But it's been rumoured that somewhat of a curse had descended upon those that stayed on that block on Halloween night - because every individual in that area on the 31st of October was always discovered murdered later on. No doubt Jon was responsible...but he always managed to get away with it," he paused. "Except.....there was only ever one way to break that cycle. If there was.....a show of true bravery based on love....that moment alone would be enough to bring Sonia back for one last moment of revenge," he rubbed his forehead. "It sounds like something out of a terribly written story, but...now that I think about it, the more it makes sense," he straightened up in his seat. "How did you know their names? Better yet...how were you and Michael miraculously spared?" his frown deepened. "Because no other individual in that place, on Halloween night has ever made it out alive,"