❤𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 ➻ 𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙊𝙣 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙧 𝙀𝙧𝙖❤

🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸
1997
🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸

"And then....she vanished!"

Everyone at the table murmured as the storyteller recited her made up story.

You let out a small laugh as you looked at the confused faces of your colleagues. The leisure room was quiet, and everyone seemed both disinterested and engrossed in the story at the same time.

Suddenly, Michael walked into the room - raising his eyebrow when he saw his team members huddled together for a bit of a story by the campfire, except there was no campfire...just an empty recreational room with the lights dimmed.

For the past year, you had been working for the one and only Michael Jackson, along with a group of other team members that you had gradually made good friends with.

Everyday with the team was something to look forward to, and though you hardly ever really interacted with Michael, you occasionally greeted him whenever you crossed paths - just as the other team members did. Michael hardly ever interacted with anyone other than his manager - but you did see him often enough to know that he was friendly when he wanted to be.

Usually, your day would start early in the morning, and end at around six in the evening - but this particular night was going to be a little longer than you were used to, as some of your colleagues had decided to get into the Halloween spirit a little. The plan had been to gather in the recreational room after work to share a few horror stories before leaving for the night.

It had been assumed that Michael had long left to make his way back home - but soon enough that theory was proved wrong.

"Please, don't stop on my account," he entered the room with a small smile.

You were seated the closest to the entrance, which was where he was currently standing, allowing you to catch a whiff of his cologne.

The scent, no doubt, was intoxicating.

You held back your giggles as a few female colleagues evidently found themselves flustered at his sudden appearance - in other words, they were going crazy on the inside.

But really, it was something both he and everyone else had gotten used to. Female colleagues were always going to subtly flirt with him, and he usually just smiled in response.

You, on the other hand, were a little more neutral about him. Make no mistake, you admired him a great deal, perhaps more than anyone could ever have imagined - but you always did well to ground yourself. You never allowed yourself to get carried away with thoughts that were more fantastical than they were realistic. An employee was what you were, and that was what you intended to be.

As long as you remembered where you were and what you were there for, you were much more level-headed than many would have expected - making a lot of your emotions more...solid. If you'd ever found yourself falling for Michael, it would have had to be for a very good reason - and that reason hadn't come about just yet.

Key word, yet.

For now, it was mere admiration.

"Michael....we were just....telling spooky stories for the evening," one of the blushing female colleagues stated as he moved to sit down.

Except he ended up sitting down next to you, for that was the nearest spot to him.

Lord.

"That sounds interesting," he remarked, his voice closer now that he was seated right next to you. "Can I listen in?"

"Of course!" Kim, one of the other female employees nodded a little too enthusiastically.