❤𝗔 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻'𝘀 𝗞𝗶𝘀𝘀 ➻ 𝙊𝙛𝙛 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙀𝙧𝙖❤

🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸
1979
🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸

"Well, that's the last of it," you muttered to yourself as you finished hanging up the last of the Halloween costumes on the display rack.

A satisfied breath fell past your lips as you admired your handiwork. You had just finished getting the store organized for the evening, having spent the majority of your day de-cluttering the facility.

You worked as a sales assistant for a costume shop that was located further toward the more affluent part of the city, and you had held that position for a little over a year. It had started out as a temporary activity that helped you earn a bit of money whilst you figured out what you genuinely wished to do with your life, but over time it had become something you enjoyed dedicating your time to. Of course, you didn't plan to stay there forever - but you certainly didn't want to leave just yet.

And this particular day had been a very busy one for you, given that it was the 31st of October - the day most people you served looked forward to. Everyone was either rushing to find costumes at the last minute or hoping to find finishing touches for the costumes they'd already prepared - all for the countless parties that would no doubt be held that evening.

Though you hadn't really made any plans to celebrate the festive spirit, you weren't too disappointed. Helping avid celebrants find their unique styles had long made you feel as though you'd gotten the most out of the day.

At the present moment you were preparing to close the store for the night, seeing as it was approaching twelve.

No more customers were expected to show up at that time, so you had been more than prepared to retire for the evening.

As you turned and walked back over to the counter, you received a bit of a shock at the sound of the door being pushed open - indicating that you had a customer. You spun around to see a young man, not too much older than you. He was tall, slender, and possessed the most serene pair of eyes you had ever seen. He was wearing a white shirt, tucked into a pair of black trousers that seemed to flare out into bell-bottoms toward the end. Over his shirt, he had on a black blazer, giving him a fairly sharp presentation.

He looked around the store for a moment before he spotted you, a small smile forming on his face. He then began to approach you, and as he got closer, you realized that he looked very familiar. The nearer he got, the more you became aware of whom he was.

"Hey," you greeted with a soft laugh. "I recognize you," you watched as he got closer to the counter. "Michael Jackson,"

But you had been very casual and rather sweet about it, taking him by pleasant surprise. He stopped once he reached the counter, gazing at you thoughtfully.

"That...is my name," he replied with a soft laugh of his own, coming off as a little shy. Then his eyes drifted down to your name-tag, analyzing your name before bringing his eyes back up to you. "(Y/N), right?"

"You got it," you nodded.

His smile widened and his eyes lingered on you. When it became clear that he had obviously gotten carried away staring at you, you spoke up in a bid to break the silence. "How can I help you?"

He shook his head, blinking rapidly as he snapped back to his senses. "Right, sorry," he cleared his throat. "Um....well, I was wondering if you could....help me find a mask," he began with a gentle tone. "I'm....supposed to be attending this party and I didn't really feel like getting into a whole costume, but my sister insisted I at least have on a mask," he giggled. "So I took her advice literally. All I need is a mask,"