❤𝗕𝗲𝗻𝘁, 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 ➻ 𝙄𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙀𝙧𝙖❤

🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸
2001
🌸═ ·🌸· ═🌸

"Well that's not my problem," your husband glared at you as the pair of you sat there at your table for two, in the middle of a hired out restaurant that was supposed to be the venue of a private, Halloween dinner date.

Key word, supposed.

You and Michael had been married for a good thirteen years, and there was no doubt about the fact that you loved each other - even after all the time that had passed. Since '88, the pair of you had been married, a team of two people that were willing to do anything to make your partnership work - and it had worked very well, even until the present moment. However, just as all things do, your marriage had aged with time - your love growing stronger, and your differences growing more predominant.

Nowadays, you argued much too often for anyone to believe you still had a marriage.

One way or another, you always wound up arguing - even over the littlest things.

Things had been like that for the past three years, and though it was quite exhausting, you both hoped to make things better - you hoped to rekindle the peace that had once been so abundant in your relationship.

So when this Halloween rolled about, the two of you figured a change might help. Usually, you'd participate in the festivities and join in on the fun that the brief season brought - but this time, the both of you decided that a date for solely yourselves might help you strengthen your bond.

And for a few hours, it was working - all until it didn't.

As always, the pair of you started off debating about something, and it eventually turned into a full blown argument. The fact that you were both very headstrong didn't do anything to help either.

Soon enough, it was a war of words and glares.

"Of course - when is it ever your problem?" you shot back. "It always has to be someone else's responsibility, doesn't it?"

"When do I ever not take responsibility?" he gawked. "I'm always the one that apologizes first after nearly every argument!"

"That's because you're the one that's always wrong during nearly every argument," you rose to your feet, having had enough of the bickering.

"Where are you going?" he demanded.

You merely shot him a glare before grabbing your bag so that you could walk out.

"Fine then, find your own way home," he huffed in an agitated manner. "I'm not going to chase you again,"

"That's perfectly fine by me!" you laughed a little before completely marching out.

A very disgruntled Michael ate back his words as he got up, unable to let you walk out into the isolated evening path alone.

"Come on, (Y/N), just stop overreacting!" he groaned as he jogged after you.

You stopped, turning around to face him. "Michael, no one told you to follow me," you narrowed your eyes. "If all you're going to do is keep taunting me, then just leave me alone!" you tried to spin around to walk away, but he grabbed your arm.

"No, we need to talk this out! We need to sort it out now!"

"Maybe you want to talk it out right now, but I don't - so just leave me to have some space for myself before I do something I regret," you spoke sternly.