"Give me that." I pull the cup from her hand.

"Hey!" Ollie's brows knit together. "You're rude!" Her hand is gripping the air as if I never removed the cup.

"And you're drunk." I quickly down the rest of her drink. My eyes widen when my throat burns so badly it pulls a cough from me. "What the hell is this shit!"

Ollie shrugs, her attention already turning to the dancing bodies around us. "Korbin called it a Suicide."

The room darkens at the mention of that ass's name. "Korbin's here?"

"Yeah, that's who brought me, though-" Ollie's cornflower-blue eyes dart around the room, "I haven't seen him in a while." Her attention turns back to me. "Which is why I called you." Her boney finger pokes me in the chest.

My blood boils. The fucking prick probably brought Ollie here as a date, then ditched her for another piece of ass. I slip Ollie's old cup into mine and chase the burn that cocktail left with my beer. "Don't leave my side, got it?"

"Yes, Daddy," Ollie coos and hugs my arm.

The way she says 'daddy' sends a shiver through me. I try to hide it, but by the smile that's on Ollie's face, I can tell she noticed it.

"Made you picture, my daddy didn't it?" Ollie's smile widens.

"Yeah." I thread my arm out of her grip and place my hand on the small of her back to guide her through the crowd. "Your real one. Last thing I want to think about is my boss on my day off." That might not be what I was thinking about, but I can't go where my mind was wondering. "Who else is at this party?"

Please, tell me, Becca is. I need that distraction tonight. There's a chance she might be. We all run in the same circles, but that also means I might see the two-face jerk Creed.

"Everyone!" Ollie throws her thin arm out, smacking someone as we pass. I quickly pull it back and apologize to the guy when he glares at her.

Don't strangle her. You like her. She's been your best friend since diapers. I keep repeating that to myself over and over while I help her stay on her two feet.

I'm about ready to throw her over my shoulder and carry her out of this damn party until I see the straight, jet-black hair of my ex across the room. She standing next to an ottoman pushed against the wall along with the other matching furniture to clear an area for a dance floor.

She's here.

My heart pounds against my chest, and my mouth goes dry as my eyes travel over the short black jersey knit dress she's wearing.

God, she looks great.

Becca's plump lips wrap over the edge of her cup as she sips her drink. It feels like there's a lump in my throat. I guzzle my beer to push it down and set in on a nearby table full of half-filled cups before taking a deep,courage-building breath.

I watch Becca's eyes crease when she laughs and talks with a group of her friends. Her blood-red lips make my skin grow hot. There's something carnal about Becca that draws me to her, like a moth to the flame. I shouldn't have her, but I want it.

When Becca's ghostly-grey eyes meet mine, it sends a shiver through me. Something about her makes me feel like I'm racing down the interstate at a hundred miles an hour on the back of my bike.

A coy grin pulls at the corner of her mouth when Ollie and I join her group.

"Hey, Zane." Becca's haunting voice taunts me as her gaze runs down my body. As they slide down, it feels as if hot coal is being run over my skin. It's all I can do not to press her against the wall and make her regret leaving me for my ex-best friend.