"I heard stories," Poseidon said. "But I wanted to hear it directly from you. Tell me everything."

And so I did. Poseidon listened intently, his gaze not ever leaving my face, his expression unchanging.

Poseidon nodded slowly, "So Kronos is indeed back. It will not be long before full war is upon us."

"What about Liam?" I asked, his sorta-dead body flashing through my mind, Kronos's voice ringing through my ears. "Is he really gone?"

"I don't know, Percy. It is most disturbing."

"But his body is mortal. Couldn't you just destroy him?"

A troubled look flashed across Poseidon's face, "Mortal, perhaps. But there is something different about Liam, my boy. I don't know how he was prepared to host the Titan's soul, be he will not be easily killed. And yet, I fear he must be killed if we are to send Kronos back to the pit. I will have to think on this. Unfortunately, I have other problems of my own."

I remembered Tyson mentioning something at the beginning of our quest, "The old sea gods?"

"Indeed. The battle came first to me, Percy. In fact, I cannot stay long. Even now the ocean is at war with itself. It is al I can do to keep hurricanes and typhoons from destroying your surface world, the fighting is so intense."

"Let me come down there," I said. "I can help."

Poseidon smiled warmly, "Not yet, my boy. I sense you will be needed here. Which reminds me..." He brought out a sand dollar and pressed it into my hand. "Your birthday present. Spend it wisely."

"Uh, spend a sand dollar?"

"Oh, yes. In my day, you could buy quite a lot with a sand dollar. I think you will find it still buys a lot, if used in the right situation."

"What situation?"

"When the time comes," Poseidon said, "I think you'll know."

I looked down at the sand dollar, but something was bothering me, "Dad, when I was in the maze, I met Antaeus. He said... well, he said he was your favorite son. He decorated his arena with skulls and —"

"He dedicated them to me," Poseidon finished for me. "And you are wondering how someone could do something so horrible in my name."

I nodded.

Poseidon put his hand on my shoulder, "Percy, lesser beings do many horrible things in the name of the gods. That does not mean we gods approve. The way our sons and daughters act in our names... well, it usually says more about them than it does about us. And you, Percy, are my favorite son.

He smiled, and I knew then that him being in the living room with me was the best birthday present I could have gotten.

Poseidon glanced at the window, "I'd better go. But, Percy, one last thing you should know. That incident at Mount St. Helens..."

For some reason, I thought he was talking about Draco kissing me before I ran into a volcano, and I blushed, but then I figured he was talking about something a lot bigger.

"The eruptions are continuing," he said. "Typhon is stirring. It is very likely that soon, in a few months, perhaps a year at best, he will escape his bonds."

"I'm sorry," I frowned. "I didn't mean —"

Poseidon raised his hand, "It is not your fault, Percy. It would've happened sooner or later, with Kronos awakening the ancient monsters. But be aware, I'd Tyson stirs... it will be unlike anything you have faced before. The first time he appeared, all the forces of Olympus were barely enough to battle him. And when he stirs again, he will come here, to New York. He will make straight for Olympus." That worried me a lot, but Poseidon just patted me on the shoulder and said, "Enjoy your cake." A moment later he turned into mist, leaving the room spotless and smelling faintly of the ocean.

We ate blue cake and played Muggle games. None of them really understood how Monopoly work, except for Tyson, who was strangely good at the game. Once he'd already taken everything from me, I decided to take a break from the hustle and walked up to the room Ron and I were sharing.

I looked at the Moonlace flower growing on the windowsill. The flower was a comfort. I could still smell her garden, still see her smile. I'd thought that leaving the island would make it hurt less, but I missed her.

I opened the window and looked down at the flower.

For a moment, it was peaceful. Then I heard a voice behind me (which was creepy, as it was in my room), "Nice plant." I jumped, and looked around. Nico di Angelo had appeared in my room. "Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you."

"That's — that's okay. I mean... what are you doing here?"

"I've done some exploring," Nico twisted the skull ring on his finger, his Stygian Iron sword glinting in the light. "Thought you'd like to know, Daedalus got his punishment."

"You saw him?"

Nico nodded, "Minos wanted to boil him in cheese for eternity, but my father had other ideas. Daedalus will be building overpasses and exit ramps in Asphodel for all time. It'll help ease the traffic congestion. Truthfully, I think the old guy is pretty happy with that. He's still building. Still creating. And he gets to see his son and Perdix on the weekends."

"That's good."

Nico tapped his ring nervously, "But that's not the real reason I've come. I've found out some things. I want to make you an offer."

"What?"

"The way to beat Liam," he let out a breath. "If I'm right, it's the only way you'll stand a chance."

I frowned, "Okay. I'm listening."

Nico nodded, then glanced at the cake I'd left on my dresser, "Is that... is that blue birthday cake?"

He sounded a little wistful.

"Come inside for cake and ice cream," I smiled. "It sounds like we've got a lot to talk about."

Here it is. The end. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you all for taking the time to comment and vote on chapters, and especially thank you for being patient with me during my darker moments. Thank you all so much. I love you, genuinely, and I'll see you next Wednesday CT. Love ya (with all my heart).