6) Breakfast

Ron peered carefully up at his family to make sure they were all talking, then quietly asked Harry, "So -- have you heard from Sirius lately?"

"Yeah," Harry said softly, "twice. He sounds okay. I wrote to him yesterday. He might write back while I'm here." For a moment, Harry looked as if he wanted to say something. After a moment of indecision, he leaned back in his chair, silent.

"Look at the time," Mrs. Weasley said abruptly, glancing at her watch. "You really should be in bed, the whole lot of you -- you'll be up at the crack of dawn to get to the Cup. Harry, Percy, if you leave your school lists out, I'll get your things for you tomorrow in Diagon Alley. I'm getting everyone else's. There might not be time after the World Cup, the match went on for five days last time."

"Wow -- hope it does this time!" Harry beamed.

"Well, I certainly don't," Perry's face twisted in disgust. "I shudder to think what the state of my in-tray would be if I was away from work for five days."

"Yeah, someone might slip dragon dung in it again, eh, Pear?" Fred grinned.

"That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway!" Perry blushed deeply. "It was nothing personal!"

"It was," Fred whispered to us as we stood from the table. "We sent it."

***

I felt as if I had barely laid my head down when Mrs. Weasley shook me awake, "Time to go, Percy, dear." She moved to wake Harry, and I groggily rubbed my eyes.

"'S' time already?" Fred said sleepily, sitting up as everyone else got roused.

We dressed in silence, me mostly ignoring the looks I got at the scars. I didn't dare show them my bare front, but they got to see the scars on my back clearly. Fred and George had already seen all of my scars due to a prank gone wrong, but Harry and Ron were clearly shocked. I didn't care.

When we walked into the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley was stirring something in a stove, and Mr. Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a large sheaf of tickets. When we came in, he spread his arms so we could see his clothes more clearly. He was wearing a pale yellow golfing sweater and very old jeans, which appeared to be a size or two too large. Holding up the large pants was a thick, leather belt.

"What d'you think?" Mr. Weasley asked worriedly. "We're supposed to go incognito -- do I look like a Muggle?"

"Yeah," Harry smiled, "very good."

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Perry?" George asked, failing to stifle a large yawn.

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" Mrs. Weasley carried the pot to the table, pouring oatmeal into seperate bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" Fred frowned, pulling his breakfast toward him. "Why can't we Apparate too?"

"Because you're not of age and you haven't passed your test," Mrs. Weasley hissed. "And where have those girls got to?" She left the kitchen, and I heard her walking up the stairs towards Ginny and Hermione's room.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asked, and I tilted my head. Luke did his best to fill me in on all the details of the wizarding world, but several things still alluded me.

"Oh yes," Mr. Weasly stuffed the tickets into the back pocket of his jeans. "The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparation, and when it's not done properly it can lead to complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."

Everyone but Harry and I winced.

"Splinched?" I tilted my head.

"They left half of themselves behind," Mr. Weasley spooned treacle onto his porridge. "So, of course, they were stuck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to sort them out. Meant a fair old bit a paperwork, I can tell you, what with the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind...."

"Were they okay?" Harry asked, and the image of an arm and a leg lying on the grass floated through my mind.

"Oh yes," Mr. Weasley said simply. "But they got a heavy fine, and I don't think they'll be trying it again in a hurry. You don't mess around with Apparition. There are plenty of adult wizards who don't bother with it. Prefer brooms -- slower, but safer."

"But Bill and Charlie and Perry can all do it?"

"Charlie had to take the test twice," Fred grinned. "He failed the first time, Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping, remember?"

"Yes, well, he passed the second time," Mrs. Weasley walked into the kitchen, ignoring everyone's snickers.

"Perry only passed two weeks ago," George said. "He's been Apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove he can."

There were footsteps outside and the girls both came into the kitchen, tiredly rubbing their eyes.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny sat at the table.

"We've got a bit of a walk," Mr. Weasley said.

"Walk?" Harry questioned. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," Mr. Weasley smiled. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup --"

"George!"

My grandparents got me ToA. I'm excited. Two of the books came with posters, and one of them were signed. Uncle Rick's signature is... odd. No hate here, but it doesn't even look like an R. But, now I've got to read HoO, then ToA. It's gonna be awesome. And alas... we have made it to the end. Sort of. This is the sixth chapter of the newest installment in this series, The Triwizard Tournament. It's here. I've definitely enjoyed writing this book, and I hope you guys enjoy reading it.

Anyway, welcome to the fourth book! I hope you have had a magnificent Tuesday, and I will see you on Thursday! Love ya!