Epilogue

I had thought I couldn't have a worse quest, but the one I went on that summer was terrible. I faced monsters and mayhem just like any other ordinary quest, but that one was terrifying.

It started out with four people going on a quest. I had a bad history with more than three people going on one, so I was already terrified. Then the Labyrinth was a maze of terror, leading from one horror to the next. The freaky prison with the really freaky monster was a top horrific contender. There was the god with two faces, Hera suddenly seeming nice, and the dude ranch where I had to scoop poop. Not a good time. We found Nico, somewhat made friends, but had to leave again. Then there was the Sphinx. The very same one I'd faced in the maze and convinced to start trivia, which nearly got us (ie. Draco) killed. We got separated, I got boiled to death, and was revived by a girl who fell in love with me (and magic made me fall in love with her. Draco wasn't very happy about that, but what's a guy to do. Don't get it wrong, either, I still love Draco a lot more.), and crashed my own funeral. Then I realized we had to take Ron freaking Weasley on the quest, which Draco wasn't happy about. I think they have a new respect for each other, though. Ron's seen how smart and collected Draco really is, and Draco has seen that Ron wouldn't back away, no matter how much of a bumbling idiot he is. My clear sighted mortal pal led us down hallway after hallway, then we (ie. me) ended up fighting my crazy giant brother, who I had chained to the ceiling. We escaped the Labyrinth with Nico, only to go back in and find out that Liam was being possessed by Kronos. That hadn't been fun news to break, but Ron's aim with Ginny's hairbrush was impeccable. Then we found Grover and Tyson, and found Pan, who we got to watch die. Fun times. We left the Lanyrinth, defended camp from monsters. Two of us died, but we won. Grover ended up screaming and giving the monsters a rough time. That was fun. There were a few loose ends to tie up, and everything was going great. Daedalus died, the world's impending doom was a year away, and Nico decided to not come to camp. Fun times! To make it even better, Draco pissed off a goddess. Funner times!

I got an invitation to stay with the Weasley's that summer, and Chiron recommended I take it. I discovered that I wasn't going to be staying at the Burrow, but at 12 Grimmauld Place, where Sirius lived.

We wouldn't be able to hold my birthday party in August, because we knew things were going to get hectic then, so they held it the day I arrived. Tyson came. Luke and Hope were busy dealing with camp issues. Hermione wanted to be there, but she had some plans with her parents, and Harry, for some reason Dumbledore wouldn't explain to anyone, had to stay at the Dursleys. I don't think he even knew about Grimmauld Place or the party or anything. Ron wasn't allowed to tell him anything.

I was just about to blow out the candles — probably the last candles I'd get to blow out for a while — when there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," Ron said. He opened the door, and immediately yelled, "Oh fuck!"

"Ronald! Language!" Mrs. Weasley snapped, and I peered around the corner. Standing in the doorway was a man with a black beard, Bermuda shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and Birkenstocks. He had on a battered cap with dozens of fishing lures on it, and it read NEPTUNE'S LUCKY FISHING HAT.

"Hey, Dad," I said, and Mrs. Weasley made a choking sound.

"Can I come in?" He asked, his eyes twinkling.

"Yeah," I nodded.

He stepped inside, greeted everyone (they all stared back, but Ron said hello. He had been in the Lanyrinth, my dad didn't shock him nearly as much as he did the others). We stepped into the living room, which wasn't as nice and homey as the other rooms. It hadn't been cleaned yet, so cobwebs were resting in every corner.

"Are you all right, my boy?" My dad said, and I felt strangely warm at my boy.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I guess," I shrugged.