27) Onto the Train

It had started raining when we got to the station, so we were all soaked. I couldn't dry myself off due to their being so many people around, which was very annoying.

I quickly climbed into an empty compartment, which wasn't very difficult as we had gotten there quite early. Due to Luke and I's track record, we tried to get places as soon as possible.

I just leaned out of my window and talked to Luke about the whole camp situation. He told me that Dumbledore would get a Portkey, and we'd use it in Hogsmeade to get back to camp, in which we'd travel by foot to Hogwarts. Of course, I had the important job of getting us across the ocean, which I knew was going to suck. There would be a bunch of kids (though not any plain summer campers unless they were wizards, which made things easier), a lazy god, a bunch of chaperones, a bunch of items, and a bunch of Pegasi. It would be tiring, and I didn't know if Dad would help or not. I knew he wouldn't try to kill Thalia, 'cause he didn't roll that way, but he might still be a little petty. I'm not sure. I figured I'd have to come up with some other, much easier, way to get everyone to Hogwarts.

Eventually, more people came to the platform (long after I had dried everyone off, it was fine to magically dry people on a magical train, duh), and I saw my friends come through the barrier. They quickly got their stuff into the compartment then dragged me out with them to say goodbye to everyone.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," Charlie said, grinning.

"Why?" Fred asked eagerly.

"You'll see," Charlie said. "Just don't tell Perry I mentioned it... it's 'classified information, until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all."

"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," Bill stared longingly at the Hogwarts Express.

"Why?" George said impatiently.

"You're going to have an interesting year," Bill's eyes were twinkling. "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it...."

"A bit of what?" Ron demanded.

At that moment, the whistle blew, and Mrs. Weasley pushed us towards the doors. I quickly pulled away and gave Luke a quick hug, then ran back to the compartment.

"Thanks for having us to stay, Mrs. Weasley," Hermione said as I climbed into the compartment, standing by the window.

"Yeah, thanks for everything, Mrs. Weasley," Harry said, also looking out the window.

"Oh it was my pleasure, dears," Mrs. Weasley said kindly. "I'd invite you for Christmas, but... well, I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts, what with... one thing and another."

"Mum!" Ron was irritated. "What'd you three know that we don't."

"You'll find out this evening, I expect," Mrs. Weasley smiled. "It's going to be very exciting — mind you, I'm very glad they've changed the rules —"

"What rules?" Harry, Ron, Fred, and George said together.

"I'm sure Professor Dumbledore will tell you.... Now, behave, won't you? Won't you Fred? And you, George?"

The pistons of the train hissed loudly, and we began to move.

"Tell us what's happening at Hogwarts!" Fred bellowed, leaning out of the window. Mrs. Weasley just smiled. "What rules are they changing?" Before the train even rounded the corner Mrs. Weasley, Bill, and Charlie had all Disapparated.

We sat down in our compartment while Fred and George left. The thick rain splattered across the windows, making it difficult to see. Ron opened his trunk, pulled out an ugly, lacy set of maroon dress robes, then flung them over Pig's cage to muffle his hooting.

"Bagman wanted to tell us what's happening at Hogwarts," Ron grumpily plopped himself down beside Harry. "At the World Cup, remember? But my own mother won't say. Wonder what —"

"That's not important," I said, grinning. "I want to talk about those robes." Ron glared at me, and opened his mouth to say something, but Hermione shushed us. She pointed towards the compartment next to ours, and I heard a familiar drawling voice drift through the open door.

"... Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang rather than Hogwarts, you know. He knows the headmaster, you see. Well, you know his opinion of Dumbledore — the man's such a Mudblood-lover — and Durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riffraff. But Mother didn't like the idea of me going to school so far away. Father says Durmstrang takes a far more sensible line than Hogwarts about the Dark Arts. Durmstrang students actually learn them, not just the defense rubbish we do...."

"What's riffraff mean?" Goyle or Crabbe said (I was never good at telling their voices apart).

"...What?" Draco sounded genuinely baffled, and I could imagine the look on his face.

"God, you're so stupid, Crabbe," Panties Parkinsons said, and I scowled. She had a very obvious crush on Draco, and got a bit too touchy with him for my liking. Also, I'm fairly certain her name was Pansy Parkinson, but whatever.

"He's not stupid," Draco said quickly, sounding annoyed. "It's a weird word. It means disreputable or undesirable people."

"Oh, wow! You're so smart Draco!"

"...Thanks," he drawled, sounding annoyed. "I just really wish they sent me to Durmstrang. To get away from all of the riffraff."

I snorted, and Hermione closed the door quietly. I knew he was talking about Panties (he hated her with a passion), but I knew she wouldn't catch on. Unfortunately, neither would my friends in the compartment.

"So he thinks Durmstrang would have suited him, does he?" Hermione said angrily, sitting down. "I wish he had gone, then we wouldn't have to put up with him."

"I like putting up with him, personally," I said, sighing loudly. "I mean, he is my boyfriend. I just love how my friends talk about him. Great things." Hermione glared at my sarcastic self.

I had McDonald's today. It has been a glorious day. Kadee got some board games today. We played this weird Monopoly where you were allowed to cheat. I won. But I'm the Monopoly champion so of course I won. Uh. I don't remember what I was going to say. It wasn't important, but I just don't remember it. Oh, also, Charles Dickens FuCkInG sUcKs. I hate him. He can rot. Uhhhhhh. I have a Geometry test review tomorrow, which is gross. I've also got a progress photo for my art project do, which isn't nearly as gross. Painting is cool. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Playing the piano is cool when the keys actually work. My sister got this keyboard that's basically a piano, and I did one half of the stuff while she did the other stuff. The C key didn't work half of the time. It was mean to me. Also screw Lawn Mowers and Microscopes.

Anyway, I hope you guys had a Sunday, and I'll see you on Tuesday. Love ya!!!!!