Shaking his head he laughs. "You are unbelievable teddy. Only you can let such an important  thing slip from your head." I manage to shrug.

We blather about everything and anything as we drive towards home. I look at the familiar yet unfamiliar dark landscapes as we drive by them. So much has changed in this last eight months. A familiar Nostalgia hitting me as my senses dive in the humid air and the salty smell of the sea mixed with the putrid smell of fishes. The boats sailing in the sea as the fishermen throw their nets waiting for their big catch.  The familiar buildings and skyscrapers coming into the view. Driving through those familiar roads makes me realize just how much I missed home.

It's 8 in the evening by the time we reach home.

"Api!!"  Ziya squeals as soon as she opens the door and crashes herself on me hugging me so tightly that I am left breathless. I keep my stomach away resting a protective arm on it as she squeezes the life out of me.

"Adiva is that you?" Dad looks at me, unable to believe his eyes. Ziya pulls away and I run into his arms. Soon I am being surrounded and enclasped by my family members.

"I missed you all so much." I cry.

"Oh my sweet princess, we missed you too..."

It's an emotional as well as a happy reunion

"What a pleasant surprise Adiva. But how? When? You didn't even call us and where is Zacharias? He didn't come with you?" Ma starts bombarding me with her questions.

I shrug. "I guess I wanted to surprise you all. And no, he didn't come. He has to handle some important business and handle the wedding preparations. I was missing you all a lot and wanted to see you, that's why....Only bhai knew about my arrival..." I provide further.

"That is why he was keeping us all on the edge since morning, pestering your Ma and me to prepare a sumptuous dinner filled with all your favorites." Mom smiles, patting his cheek while he grins at her.

"How are you honey?" Ma inquires endearingly.

"As fantastic as I can be." I reply, filling my voice with excitement. "And Zacharias and your in laws?"

"He is good and they are doing great too."

I don't even realize when Ziya pulled my bag into the room. It's only when she lets out a frustrating whine, calling my name, does my attention gets diverted. I run into my old room and my eyes widen in shock as I take in the state of my bed.

There lays my bag open in the middle of the bed with all my clothes scattered around everywhere with Ziya standing at the edge, puffing her hairs away from a face, her hands resting on her hips as she looks at me accusingly.

"What the hell is all this?"  Mom shouts beside me.

"I was just looking for my gift." Comes her reply.

"And?"

"There ain't any...." she flails her hands in the air.

"That is because I didn't get any." I sigh exasperatedly walking towards her.

"Why? You know Api, I had a dream last night that you came to meet us with gift bigger than your size for me....Half of my dream got fulfilled and half did not..."

I arc my brow. "Is that so?"

I am very well acquainted with her bluff  dreams and this is one of them. She always used to play this card whenever she wanted to have something. I see somethings never change.

"Yes, how can you forget such an important thing.." She huffs, folding her arms against her chest.

"Ziya!!"  This time it's Maa who admonishes her. "Can't you see how tired she is and you got nothing to care about other than your gifts. Stop it. Come help us in the kitchen and let your Api freshen up."