EIGHTEEN | year 4

Start from the beginning

A ball? What ball?" asked Draco, who was as just as confused as her.

°°°

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception," said Snape glaring at everybody in the room. "On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. The Yule Ball...is a dance,"

The boys groan in annoyance and some girls glance at each other excitingly.

"Silence!" scowled Snape. "And I expect the House of Salazar Slytherin to be well-mannered and not to dance around like a floating pig in the middle of the ballroom."

Cassiopeia stifled a laugh at the boys who looked like they didn't want to be there. Snape walked next to the large music box before looking back at the class. "Miss Malfoy and Mr Zabini, up. I know the both of you have quite a lot of experience. Show your classmates how it should be done."

Cassiopeia inwardly groaned before standing up and walking to the middle room, smiling awkwardly at Blaise who chuckled at her. He placed his hand on her waist just as Snape turned on the music.

They both danced to the music, other students watching in awe and some looking annoyed. Snape clapped his hands, indicating for other students to follow.

"Grab a partner and practice!" He shouted to the students who looked like they dozed off. Blaise and Cassiopeia chuckled, continuing to dance as other students bump into their shoulders.

Snape lets out an exasperated sigh, "This will take a long time..."

°°°

Cassiopeia glared at the boys who approached her, not wanting to go to the ball with random people she does not even know. She sat a bench, watching as girls giggle and some boys itching to get a date.

"Hello, Miss Cassio--"

She puts her hand up in front of a first year Slytherin who had a small flower on his hand. "No, now scram." She took the flower from his hand and shoved him away.

She looked up from her book when she heard a familiar voice. "Why do they always have to travel in packs? How are you supposed to get one alone to ask them..."

Cassiopeia shook her head, overhearing what Harry just said. She stood up, gathered all her things and changing her bench when she saw some boy sit down next to her.

"Blimey Harry, you slayed dragons," said Ron. "If you can't get a date who can?"

"I think I'd take the Dragon right now," muttered Harry while a group of girls stared at him with utter disgust.

Ron's eyes landed on Cassiopeia who is reading a book, trying her best to look busy so that no one could approach her. "How about you ask Malfoy? You've been looking at her with heart eyes for a few days now..."

Harry stared at Ron with shock, "Like hell I would, she probably has a date already." Ignoring the fact that Ron pointed out.

"Probably not, you know. Girls like her would probably take ages to get a date for how stubborn they are." Ron scoffed.

Harry hesitated, shaking his head as they walked pass Cassiopeia who shook her head at a boy who came up to ask her.

She continued to walk with her nose stuck in a book, since it's the only method working for her to get guys to leave her alone.

And it also results in bumping into people occasionally. As she was about to turn a corner, she bumped into someone she did not want to speak to.

"Oh! My apologies--" Cassiopeia said, before looking up and noticing the familiar face in front of her, she inwardly groaned. "Fleur."