SEVENTEEN

Chapter 17 // Y.E.S
[ATHANE]

"Despite The Headquarters being the mother site of Officers for reporting to work, itnow function as a site for refugees of Gate B who lost their homes. The Superintendent Circle also suggested building a hospital near the Main Building for easy access."

"Hello?"

"Hello? Sir?"

"hello? Who is this?" The person asked. It belonged to Lieutenant Hanazaki who was repeatedly asked him, voice gradually getting louder as annoyance made itself clear.

Athane had called the man using a public telephone booth. The advantage it provided was the difficulty of tracking the call and where it came from. The wires combining all the public phone booths were all con-joined to one site, and it's the public communication service. It would take weeks to identify the location. Much less record the voice.

"who is this? Answer before the authorities finds you."

With the small rectangular object placed right under his chin, Athane spoke. "Lieutenant Hanazaki of the Administrators section. Floor 5, abandoned reports storage room."

The man on the other side was beyond furious. Not only he was given a surprise call, this person was also using something to artificially enhance their voice into a disgruntled robotic one. "This is not a joke, kid. Stop this before we ensue with legal action."

Athane sighed. He should have expected this. The man was nearing his early 40s now, and is not someone you should poke fun at. "Mr. Hanazaki, the sky is quite blue today."

A few seconds passed as they both stood in silence. Aggravated breathing slowly calmed down, mostly Lieutenant Hanazaki who continued to tap on something. The shrill noise of a toy as he pressed down on its keys.

Athane could have laughed if he knew the Lieutenant had a kid's toy with him, but him being nosy and finally realizing what it was made his eyes widened with excitement. (-.-- . ...) The shrill tapping of off-tune keys would pause before resuming and signaling what it meant. (yes)

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Have a great day." Athane grinned as he placed the phone back in its hook, lips curling at how dirty the handle is based on the rusting of metal on its body. He rested his back on the booth, sighing in relief at how 40% of his work is done.

Based on Lieutenant's office, going to floor 5 would be a 5 minute journey. It would probably take more than that for someone who has never been there. But he trusts Hanazaki to not mess things up nor spill anything to anyone. Athane currently held important information that could be at use for someone in the Administrator's Section, rather than the Special Force who might deploy members who are still injured.

He opened his palm, he had enough pennies to last 30 minutes of a call. He had to be cautious while using it, or else he might waste the only money he have currently.

After 5 minutes were up, he typed in the number. He took in a few hushed breaths as he waited. He was getting anxious now as he bit his lip, looking everywhere to distract the haywire of his nerves.

"The sky is dark. Isn't that right, Athane?"

Athane who previously held the voice changing device let it clatter to the ground as he exploded in joyous laughter at the voice of Hanazaki. No wonder, Athane thought as he placed a hand on his mouth to muffle his laugh.

"Im glad... you found it." Athane said as he re-arranged himself. He didn't need to use the voice changer anymore, as the phone he had placed in the storage room was meant to self-detonate as soon as its purpose was fulfilled. It also belonged to someone special. It had yellow streaks with scribbles of red marker belonging to the son of Davien, Daniel. "After I tell you this, get out of that room ASAP."

"what? Why?"

"The phone is a bomb. Don't worry, its not gonna cause a big explo—"

"Are you out of your damn mind, Athane?" The male shrieked as he distanced himself form the phone. "Do you want to kill me ?!"

"wait, Lieutenant you have to listen to me. Its important!" He pleaded, clutching the phone tight. Worry creased the lines of his face as he listened to no changes on Hanazaki's sides. "Lieutenant? Please listen to me. I need to tell you something."

"How awful, I have a proposal to make too."