THREE

Chapter 3 // Home sweet home
[CAPIAN]

"Daniel Capian is a third year Sergeant, and a junior of the Special Force. He mainly goes for missions assigned by the administors of Nebula Department. They view him as having great potential."

The meeting with Chief Lexune had not gone exactly like how his mind predicted. His lips curled in a small smile at the thought that the chief would want to meet him for sneaking beef jerkies in a mission with his sibling. he sounded stupid. At the sound of his name being called, his head swivelled to see a woman wearing a white button up paired with the slacks of the Nebula uniform. She appeared to bow down from the distance between them and held something in her arms.

Capian studied the object between her hands, only when she was closer did he realize it was his weapon. A MANA-rifle with engravings of a rose with thorns covering the sides of its body. It was customly built to fit his hand and limit sprain to his wrist. And judging by the three glowing lines pulsing on its outer body, he guessed the women had finished charging it.

"Lieutenant Andriette, at your service Sir!" the woman saluted, brown hair falling off the tuff rising from what is left of her hair bun. She had soot covering her face, but seemed too... busy to notice. She nodded her head again. "since Lady Capian is not here, please ensure these Mendeo Core Energies are given to her."

Capian blankly stared at her, but gave me a small beam as soon as he arrived back to reality. "Lieutenant Andriette? Sir Hanazaki spoke of you."

The woman's eyes widened, hands clasped together as she looked at the young boy with excitement. "The senior? Lieutenant Hanazaki? Spoke of me? Oh my-"

The young man glanced at the band strapped to his wrist. He appeared disappointed as he saw the time. He really wanted to speak with more people, to enhance his socializing skills that Captain Arvad constantly berates him about, for lacking such a simple human trait.

"I must Thank you for completing my report." He said, giving a thumbs up to the woman who appears fascinated by the small act. "I will take my leave now."

"yes sir! Have a good day!"

The young man silently took the weapons from her outstretched hand, and then carefully placing the cubes to his utility belt. The cubes were as small as half the length of his index finger. They glowed a bright blue, pulsed rhythmically and felt warm against his waist. Once his weapons are secure, he begun his path back home.

++++++++

Turning the engine of his pod car, Capian clambered out of the vehicle, ears uncomfortably assaulted by a loud scream.

He sighed. He was just... 8 minutes late. Opening the door to his home, a pair of arms tackled him almost knocking him away from stable ground. The sight of two pink pigtails reminded him this was not an attacker.

"sorry Rose" he muttered, hand coming up to pet his sibling's head gently. "The Chief spoke with me today."

His sister looked up at him, tears staining her golden eyes and lips trembled as she let out an ugly wail. "I was hungry!!!" her hands gripped her little brother's collar and madly shook him. "you promised to cook dinner! I was about to cook the soup myself!"

"You don't know how to cook, remember?" Capian questioned. The last time he let her cook Japanese Tofu, it was either burnt, dry or not seasoned well. It was a life-changing experience for the younger male. He learnt that not all women portrayed in books excel in basic culinary skills. This ended up with him doing most of the cooking at home.

"im hungry....."
"Rose ate 4 bags of Jerky"
"and?"
The boy takes a deep breath before responding. "that's a lot Rose!"
"then why am I still hungry?!"

Capian ignored her question, choosing to busy himself by disarming the utility belt that carried the Mendeo Cores, and immediately handing it to his sister. Her expression brightened. "mendeo! Mendeo!"

The boy began working on the dinner, leaving his sister to busy herself. He let his thoughts wander as the smell of heated soup wafted in the air. Ever since his father became missing, Capian took it upon himself to enroll in Nebula Police Academy and become part of the Special Force Squad. Unbeknowst to him, his sister had caught wind of his plans and joined him. They were both exceptionally great fighters, if only it weren't for Rose's personality.

The first week they spent as first year officers, Rose had landed her name in the punishment list for 3 times before she was brought to the detaining diamond center for rehabilitation but even that did nothing. She begun acting mad, always swinging around her weapon with reckless intent. The only person who could calm her down was Capian himself, and also food. "Food ready! Rose!"

The sound of clambering footsteps was heard as the girl charged into the room, weapon held high fueled with a loud battle scream.

Capian took a simple glance at her, but one he noticed she had unsheathed her weapon, he quickly disarmed her. Rose could only let out a small noise at the quickness of her brother's movements.

One second he was in front of her holding a bowl of soup, the next moment he had knocked her grip of her weapon loose and used a slicing hand chopping motion to knock his sibling down to her butt.

"that hurts." she grunted, rubbing her sore bottom.

Capian was silent as he took in the condition of her weapon. A standard battle axe with the handle covered in glittery pink. Of course, to meet the standards of his sister. At the end of the weapon was a baby pink heart, large and sturdy enough to support the blades sprouting from the sides of the heart.

His mind went back to the time he had struggled to discuss what Rose was trying to say when she wanted to be a love hero wielding an axe. A contrasting image, but he successfully made what she was meaning to say.

It also took awhile for him to convince his superiors to allow his sister to wear the pink dress she always wore for missions. The pink dress ends below her knee, volume accentuated by the frills added at the end of the cloth. And lastly, a white apron belonging to his mother, tied securely to show off the messy red heart painted by Rose around the abdomen section.

Both of them were fond of the apron. Possessing only little memory of their mother, this was their way of showing their appreciation of her.

However, before Rose could finish the last of her soup, the device strapped to their wrist began vibrating. The noise alarming the two as they studied it respectively. "sir Athane? Squad 2's Inspector?" Rose questioned, a mouthful of tofu dribbling out her mouth.

Capian absent-mindedly handed a tissue paper to his sister, and waited for the news.

"This is not a drill. The City is under attack. I want all official Supreme Teams out on the field. Calling all Squad 2 members, Squad 4 , Junior team Capian and Junior team Knuckle on the field. This is an Emergency."