TWENTY-NINE

Chapter 29 // Will
[ATHANE] — Daunsels Bars

"The location of this bar is a very confidential matter. Only a few people dwell in such, and those who have seen faces of those in authorities may find themselves unable to report to the higher ups for behavioral disconduct."
***

Loyalty pays a great hefty price.

For one to swear on their soul to adhere the job entrusted to them, it requires great knowledge of a leader. In this case, Lewis is the person this fellow hawk followed. The man was wise enough not to disclose any details to his temporary subordinate, choosing only to let the consequences be known if the quest is not successful.

The past let itself known as Lewis begged the hawk to have the papers signed.

"There's a loophole in the system. I can break it."

The hawk has been with Lewis for as long as they know, and they realized that the actions may be influenced by said past.

"You harbor deep resentment for what has been done to one of your subordinates is it? A man named Davien Capian, he who disappeared and left nothing behind..."

Lewis would look away mournfully, the ponytail of his moving along. He was now left with Athane Vantreopa, not only the blue haired man was intelligent, he was also surprisingly stubborn when left to make a choice that involve his former Special Force Squad Leader. "Athane will not immediately agree to make that choice, but lets just hope he sees how important it is."

"What is inside it?" The Hawk asked, hands brushing against the blue plastic file, surface opaque and the contents only reserved for a man with a similar shade of Azure eyes.

"For now, it does not concern you." He turned his back, the form of his muscles turning into knots as he disappeared into the darkness. "But I promise to tell when the time is right."

That was beyond doubt the last the Hawk has seen Superintendent Lewis with much sadness. It proved how much he was affected of Davien that he prepared this just for the near future. In contrast, the hawk who has been left in the dark for what the paper holds, has no absolute idea how it will change the course of future events in just a second.

*

Standing at the doorway, staring down at Athane who was also in a offensive stance, the hawk found it difficult to really grasp the situation. The piece of paper was still there, carelessly dropped to the floor as if it held no value.

"Of course your first action would be to get that paper. How convenient." Athane retorted hotly. The bastard could be seen having a shit eating grin as he took one step forward. Based on this person's stature, the lean type of fit and the slender muscles adorning the all-black outfit they wore, he guessed he would have a winning strike in a battle of strength. "But I'll make sure it won't be easy if I set the whole place on fire. I'll give you a tough choice in either saving your mother or sacrifice lives for a useless flimsy paper."

"Brat thinks Im weak? Don't see me a stupid ol' woman!" Mother Wahdah shouted, flexing her biceps and true to her words they were genuine. Her thick muscles were not just for show as she fell into a stance, fists covering her face and eyes narrowed into predatory streaks.

Athane gulped. The huge woman seemed to have a fair amount of knowledge on boxing. The placement of her foot provides more stability and it will take more than 2 punches to knock her out. That is... if Athane can even defeat her. He was still healing from the stab wounds, and if he stretched his body too much he risks having the stitches rip altogether.