"A medallion. It's like a compass." Dr. Julien said.

"The location of the Temple will be revealed with the three holes align perfectly." Anirei explained.

"Exactly right, Anirei." Dr. Julien replied.

"And how do you two know about this?" Jay asked.

"Oh, I did a lot of reading in my spare time. Adventure stories were my favorite." Dr. Julien answered.

"I once said that my mother and father were adventurers. They would bring medallions, artifacts and other souvenirs home from their travels." Anirei smiled.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Zane said, taking the medallion from his father and running with the others to the door. However, when Lloyd tried to leave with them, Sensei Wu stopped him before he could get too far.

"Not you, Lloyd." The Sensei said.

"Oh, seriously?" Lloyd asked in frustration, "Are we still doing this?"

"Wu is right." Misako agreed, "If you were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the final battle. We need to be at full strength before we take any risks."

Jay laughed mockingly, "Jealous?" Lloyd scoffed.

"Well, I could use some help around the shop." Dr. Julien said, "We should get working on vehicles that might help give us a fighting chance."

"Remember," Sensei Wu said to the Ninja, "Garmadon doesn't know we're on the island. It is imperative that you stay out of sight."

"Of course, Sensei. Don't worry. Have you ever known us to veer from a plan, huh?" Jay said.

"I have a few events in mind." Anirei whispered resulting in Lloyd chuckling under his breath.

"Ninja..."

"Shh! Not so loud. Are you trying to get us caught?"

"...go..."

~~~~

Two of the Stone Warriors entered Gamradon's chambers, one holding a tray of dark matter blacker than the darkest night. He spoke in a foreign language to his general.

"What did he say, General Kozu?" Garmadon asked.

"The mining." The general answered, "They've dug to new depths and have struck dark matter." The general took the tray of dark matter and gave it to Garmadon, who smiled at the sense of darkness from it.

"Amazing." He grinned, "The most powerful dark matter. The very same used by the Overlord's greatest warrior."

"He also says they have lost many warriors down the Mouth of Eternal Shadows just to obtain this one piece." 

"Tell him I'll throw him down there myself, because I need one thousand more just like this one to make my ultimate weapon." Garmadon demanded.

"I will see that it is done." The general said, leaving Garmadon's chambers.

"They respect you." The Overlord said, "This is good. But I feel a shift in the balance."

"Huh? Should I have shaken my fist more? Or dramatically thrown over a table or kicked over a..?"

"No, you myopic mortal! The ninja and that child Anirei Vevila. I cannot see them, but I sense their presence. And that child.... her power is growing with every passing moment."

"Here? On the Island? I will alert all the warrior bikes. If they are here, we'll find them."

"Yes, but the child of the Lotus... I want her soul before it becomes completely sealed with her powers. If she makes a decision, then I will never have her."