3.5

⊱ ─ "Why should we?" ─ ⊰

Charlie opened the door to Han's sports shop. "School was not so fun today, eh, Charlie?" Hans spoke with his back to the boy. "How'd you know it was me?" Charlie asked the older man. "Hmm, only three people can open a door so sadly: You, Daisy and Bombay. Now just one more pass," Hans spoke as he sharpened the skate before gasping and groaning in pain. "I've really done it this time, Charlie!" Hans exclaim as he squirted ketchup like blood, "Get me a tourniquet, eh?" Charlie rolled his eyes handing him a towel, "Knock it off, Hans. Wipe off the ketchup, and stop trying to cheer me up."

Hans chuckled at Charlie as he wiped the blood away. "School is a nightmare," Charlie sighed, "Especially our new hockey coach. Have you ever of Ted Orion?" Hans turned to Charlie and nodded. "Yes. Yes, h... he left the North Stars when he was still in his prime," Hans explained as he took a deep breath. "This guy is no duck," Charlie said sternly. "Perhaps you should show him the way, Charlie," Hans says. "He doesn't exactly seem open to new learning experiences," Charlie answers back. "The question is... are you?" Hans questioned the boy who sat in silence.

Hans took another deep breath, "Now, where is Daisy? You two are usually attached at the hip." Hans chuckled lightly with a smile, "It's quite adorable." Charlie rolled his eyes. "Orion is considering her for the Captain spot... plus, she seemed pretty interested in some other boy today at school," Charlie explained, clearly upset. "Charlie..." Hans spoke softly, "If you truly love Daisy then you should be proud of her, as she is for you. And, I'm sure you misinterpreted the situation, you must talk with her before you... make assumptions." Charlie looked down before sighing.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy pulled her blanket over her head, she didn't want to go back to school. Finally deciding to get out of bed, she had a quick shower and slipped on some jeans, a random shirt and her converses. She made her way downstairs and noticed the note on the fridge, "Left for work. Have a good day." Daisy sighed before grabbing her bag and an apple before walking out the door and locking it. She made her way down the street before bumping into Connie and Guy, the three of them walked together to the school.

Connie turned to Daisy, "Have you spoke to Charlie yet?" Daisy looked down as Guy sighed. "I'm gonna try and talk to him today, hopefully," Daisy spoke hopefully. "I'm sure, it'll be fine," Connie assured. Daisy changed the subject, telling the two about Benny and how they met followed by talking about what Orion said to her. "Wow, I mean... You know, he isn't wrong, right?" Connie spoke making Guy nod slightly. "I don't care. Charlie is the Captain of the Ducks and we are the Ducks no matter what. Times can change, but why should we?" Daisy sadly asked only for Connie and Guy to stay silent.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy was standing with Goldberg and Averman in line for lunch. "So what if she has the quicker glove. Who's got the better stick?" Goldberg asked trying to hype himself up. "You do, Goldberg," Averman assured. "I know that. And who's got the game experience?" Goldberg asked next. Averman and Daisy looked at each other before Averman spoke, "You do. She's just quicker, uh, faster." Daisy nodded, "Yeah. That counts on this level." Goldberg looked at them, "So, what are you trying to say? If I lost a few pounds, maybe I'd be number one again?"

Daisy stayed silent, thinking back to a time when Goldberg hated being the goalie and he'd do anything to be out of the goal. "It might be easier to have her gain a few pounds," Averman answered back to Goldberg who nodded, liking the idea. Daisy walked over to the reserved Ducks table and sat down next to Guy, saving a spot for Charlie. Goldberg walked over with a tray of sweets, placing them in front of Julie who furrowed her brows. "I just wanted to congratulate you on being number one," Goldberg said with a fake smile.

Daisy shook her head as she watched the team slowly fall apart. She looked over to see Kenny getting his lunch taken away again, she rested her head in her palm and let out a sigh. Charlie, Fulton and Russ made their way into the cafeteria walking past the Varsity team with a brown paper bag. Daisy smirked slightly when she saw the signal she and Fulton made years ago for their pranks. Riley grabbed the bag out of Charlie's hands and handed it off to Cole who reached into the bag with a smirk that faded at the realisation of what was in it.

Daisy laughed as Cole sniffed the bag before gagging and throwing it away, the bag landed on the table of Cheerleaders who began screaming. Charlie grabbed Daisy's hand and rushed off behind Fulton and Russ followed by the other Ducks. "That... was... awesome!" Daisy panted out to Charlie who was smiling. They all slowed down once they got away and took a moment to breathe, Daisy wrapped her arms around Charlie cheering. Charlie smiled widely as Daisy rushed over to Fulton, rambling on about the prank and how awesome it was.

Charlie's smile faded as he remembered the attention Daisy was getting, he wasn't sure how to feel about everything. Riley flirting with her could be to irritate him as Guy told him, Orion giving her a chance at the Captain spot could be 'cause she is a skilled player and the kid, Benny as he found out through Luis, well... she was beautiful and smart, any guy would be stupid not to see that. But, the way she smiled, the way she blushed, the way she responded to the flirting, to the offer for the Captain spot; he was beginning to doubt the relationship and that scared him.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Author Note
Can I just say - Charlie is literally me in my past relationship... My own issues are seeping into my characters, sorry 'bout that.

-Rose <3
{1039}