1.8

⊱ ─ Aim High, Fly Fast ─ ⊰

Coach Bombay decided to take the Ducks to a North Stars game as a present for getting into the play-offs. The team was standing together as the North Stars finished off their practice, the older players walking off the ice smiling at the peewee players. "Hey Gordo, Gordon Bombay, right?" One of the players said walking up to Bombay and the Ducks. The team was left stunned by the two players, Basil McRae and Mike Modano standing in front of them. "You remember me?" Bombay questioned, shocked himself. "Sure! From Peewees! This guy used to rule in peewees," The player said to his teammate who mentioned hearing Bombay was a "farmer" to which he corrected to Lawyer.

Bombay smiled as he looked to his team, "But I'm coaching Pee Wee now, and this is my team, the Ducks. Ducks, this is Basil McRae and Mike Modano." The team made sarcastic comments about how they knew which made the older men laugh. "Hey Ducks, listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about. If you ever want a shot, I'll get you a tryout in the minor league clubs," Basil offered to shake Bombay's hand who thanked him. Bombay turned to the team, "Alright, Let's have some fun!" Everyone cheered and raced onto the ice where the North Stars were skating just moments ago.

Daisy looked around at her team as she slowed to a stop, she smiled widely at the group of misfit kids she called her friends. Guy and Connie were skating around holding hands while Averman, Jesse and Goldberg raced each other. Tammy, Terry and Tommy were skating in circles and laughing with each other while Karp, Peter, Fulton and Bombay's limo driver were laughing together. Charlie and Bombay were skating together and laughing as Adam skated towards Daisy while she took a mental picture of the original pee wee Ducks.

Adam stopped in front of Daisy, "I'll race you from one end to the other!" Daisy smirked and nodded before using her skate to trip him. "Come on then, Banksy!" Daisy cheered before skating off to one side on the rink. Adam laughed before skating over, the two of them began racing with everyone cheering on one or the other. Everyone began chanting "Flash On Ice" after Daisy won the race before everyone joined in racing each other until Bombay went to yell something only to slip and fall causing everyone to erupt into laughter.

After the team hung out having fun, they got ready for the North Stars game where they were welcomed on the jumbotron by the North Stars prompting them all to cheer happily. Daisy was seated on one side of Banks with Jesse on his other side, she was doing her best to help Adam feel welcome due to her best friends distrust in him. But unfortunately for Adam, the Hawks were at the game too. McGill and Larson spotted Banks and began taunting him by imitating a gun and pretending to shoot him causing him to lower in his seat and try to hide from them. Daisy flipped the two Hawk boys the bird making Adam laugh while Jesse smirked at his best friend's attitude. Ultimately, the Ducks had an amazing night at the hockey game.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy was smiling widely as she climbed out of the car, Bombay had dropped all of the kids to their homes. She waved goodbye to Bombay and Charlie, considering she was the last one and closed the door. Daisy made her way up the front steps of her house when she heard the car door, "Daisy, wait!" Daisy turned around as Charlie jumped up the steps stopping in front of her. "Yes, Charlie?" Daisy asks with her usual sweet smile. "I, uh, just wanted to say... Thank you. For always being a supportive friend and an amazing person. This team is brighter 'cause you're a part of it," Charlie complimented making Daisy blush.

Charlie leaned forward, he wanted to kiss her but he chickened out and kissed her cheek instead. "I'll see you tomorrow, Daisy," Charlie whispered before walking down the steps with his hands in his pockets, Daisy watched as he got into the car before they drove away. She let out a breath that she didn't realise she was holding and made her way inside with red-tinted cheeks and an even wider smile. Miranda saw the smile on her face and instantly swallowed dryly as she walked up to her daughter, "Honey, we need to talk about something important." Daisy looked up at her mother's anxious expression which made her smile falter, but what she was told broke her heart completely.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"The surprising Ducks are still in this game against the Hornets," The announcer spoke, "Daisy Jacobs passing back and forth with Adam Banks and Charlie Conway, the trio working incredibly well together. Jacobs, moving in front, stops... She shoots... And she scores!" Daisy took a breath as the team cheered for her, she was off her game slightly but the two boys were helping her out and keeping her focused. The conversation she and her mother had was still echoing through her mind willing her to stop and walk out but she ignored it and played on.

"It's getting rough out there between the Ducks and the Hornets. Jacobs knocks down another player showing that height and size don't matter!" The announcer continued. Daisy panted as she passed the puck to Adam. "Here's Adam Banks taking the puck, passed by Daisy Jacobs. He stops, he shoots and he scores! Back it goes to Averman. He shoots, he scores! The Ducks win it! 5-3 over the Hornets! And now, it's on to the semi-finals; where the Ducks will face the Cardinals!" The Ducks cheered together as they surrounded Bombay chanting.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy took a quick sip from her water bottle before throwing it back down and clinging over the boards. "You got this, Jacobs!" Bombay cheered as she skated out to the center. "What a game so far, Ladies and Gentlemen! The Ducks and the Cardinals! Daisy "The Flash" Jacobs takes center ready to fight for the puck!" The announcer cheered, "The Cardinals with it in their zone, tryin' to clear it out. Pass to the blue line, intercepted by the Ducks." Daisy skated by Averman's side as Banks got the puck. "Here's their star player, Adam Banks. Banks has great speed, still yet to match Jacobs. Right down the middle! Goes around one man with a great move! Steps around another defender! He scores!"

Daisy hugged Adam as they cheered, "Yes Banksy!" He smiled at her before they skated off back to their beginning positions with Banks taking center. "Ducks with it again! Here's Jacobs, now getting it over to Banks. Germaine is right in the slot. Germaine with it! He shoots, he scores! Germaine put it off the goaltender's glove into the net! And that does it, the Ducks have won! Can you believe it?" The announcer cheered as the Ducks celebrated together. "4-2 and the Ducks now get to face the Hawks in the state finals!" The team celebrated their win in the locker room by exploding sodas everywhere and pouring the cooler water over Coach Bombay.

"Aim high, fly fast!" Fulton yelled out as he smiled at Daisy. They were all smiling and praising one another as they hyped each other up for the championship game, they truly believed they were ready to beat the Hawks. Charlie wrapped his arms around Daisy and lifted her off the ground cheering, the two were laughing and cheering until he put her down and rushed over to the others. But unfortunately, there was one player whose adrenaline from the game had faded out along with the simple reminder rushing through her head; She was moving away soon...

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1350}