1.7

⊱ ─ Ducks Are Back! ─ ⊰

Daisy was seated next to Charlie in class as the science teacher rambled on about oxygen and atoms. Charlie quickly placed a piece of paper onto Daisy's desk, she picked it up as the teacher was rambling and opened it. "Wanna skate down at the lake after school?" Charlie had written on the paper. Daisy lightly blushed before replying, "Yeah, sounds good!" She added a smiley face before folding it and handing back over to the Conway boy. Guy and Connie smirked at one another as Terry watched as his brother glared at the two smiling kids.

Daisy focused back on the teacher's science rambling. "Now, what are blue balls?" The teacher asks making the immature students laugh, "Tommy?" The small boy looked up at the teacher, "Hydrogen?" The teacher nodded proudly, "Is correct. Now, put them together and you have a molecule that makes up 96% of your body. What is it?" Tommy thought for a moment before answering genuinely, "Pizza?" Everyone laughed at his comment while the teacher shook his head as the principal knocked on the door.

Charlie leaned on the palm of his hand admiring Daisy as she drew randomly on the papers in front of her. "It's the principal. I'll be right back. Work on H2 CO3, it's a goody," The teacher exclaimed before walking out of the classroom. Karp turned to Charlie and knocked on his desk to get his attention, "How'd the forfeit go, Spazway?" Daisy looked up and glared at Karp. "Yeah, did you score?" Peter butted in with a smirk before winking at Daisy who looked away not wanting to deal with them today.

Charlie looked away from the others, "Leave me alone, guys. I don't wanna talk about the team." Daisy looked over at Charlie with a sympathetic smile. "Oh, yeah sure. Coach's pet. Everybody knows he likes you best," Peter taunted. Daisy went to tell him off when Karp spoke up instead, "Likes his mom, you mean." Charlie stood up quickly and grabbed Karp who also stood up. "Take it back, Karp! Take it back now!" Connie jumped up and pulled the two boys apart, "Hey, leave him alone, Karp." Peter stood up and turned to Connie, "You have no right shoving Karp."

Peter pushed Connie away leading to Guy getting up and rushing over to push Peter away, "Don't push her, she's a girl!" And soon enough, all of the Ducks were on their feet shoving each other. Daisy pushed Karp and Peter away from Charlie who pulled her protectively behind him keeping a gentle hold of her hand. It wasn't long till it went from aggression to playfulness until the principal rushed in telling them to sit down, Charlie lead Daisy to her seat but was left standing as he looked up at the principal innocently.

The principal looked around at them, "What have you got to say for yourselves?" They all looked at each other with smirks and wide grins. Daisy looked up at the principal, "Quack!" The principal looked over at her shocked as they all began to chant Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! together which only aggravated the principal but the team knew that was forgiveness within the team. Charlie and Daisy smiled at each other as the principal sent them all off to detention where they had to rewrite the same sentence over and over again; I will not quack at the principal.

Charlie was quick to take the chalkboard right next to Daisy, playfully poking her every now and again or just looking over at her. Jesse noticed the sudden change between Charlie and Daisy, he gritted his teeth as Terry looked over at them then back to his brother. "She's already said no to you, Averman and Peter... Even Karp and Goldberg. Let her be happy, bro. Just Be her best friend," Terry whispered to his brother before he continued writing on the chalkboard. Jesse looked down taking in his brothers words before rolling his eyes and turning back to the board in front of him.

"What do you want?" Karp's voice caught everyone's attention and they turned to see Coach Bombay standing at the door. "I want to talk to you guys," Bombay said only for Tammy to correct him to "people." Daisy smiled at Tammy before stepping up next to Charlie, their hands barely touching but Charlie still fought the urge to hold her hand. "Sit down, please. All of you," Bombay said but no one made a move to listen making him sigh in defeat, "Okay, don't sit down." He looked around at the kids and took a breath.