2.6

⊱ ─ Team USA vs Iceland Vikings ─ ⊰

To say that Daisy was nervous was an understatement, she was constantly taking deep breaths as the team got into their gear. They were bragging about the two wins against Trinidad and Italy which made them currently undefeated but Daisy was worried about this game against Iceland. She knew that Stansson was ruthless, he was another Coach Reilly except more hardcore and Bombay had been so focused with the sponsors that they were doing standard practice which definitely didn't prepare them for the Iceland Vikings.

Daisy turned her head when she heard the door open, Bombay walked in wearing a suit with his hair gelled back. Daisy furrowed her brows, this wasn't the coach she knew and it worried her. "Alright, are we ready for warm-ups?" Bombay asks gaining the team's full attention. They all chuckled at Bombay's new look while Charlie and Daisy shared a concerned look, they both hated not being able to carry the Ducks name or colors and now their coach was changing. "Hey, nice jacket!" Averman complimented before smirking, "Did you get two pairs of pants with that?" The team laughed as Bombay mocked a laugh.

"Nice haircut, did you lose a bet?" Jesse asks making everyone laugh harder. Daisy watched as Dean and Fulton approached Bombay making comments that seemed to confused their coach but she knew the Bash Brothers were bothered by something and she was determined to find out. "I have a bad feeling about this game," Daisy says to Charlie and Adam, the two looked from each other to Daisy as she looked down. "I'm sure we'll be fine, Daisy. Just try your best," Charlie reassured, Adam nodded in agreement with him before stepping away. Charlie grabbed Daisy's hands, "Hey, it's gonna be fine. We are here, that's all that matters, remember?"

Daisy nodded before pecking his lips and smiling, "Alright. You're right, let's do this!" Charlie smiled and nodded before they followed the team out onto the ice. Daisy stood with Averman and Goldberg as the team warmed up, she was smiling as the two boys pretended to be in an interview. "Live from Los Angeles, welcome to the Junior Goodwill Games. Tonight, Team USA faces off against team Iceland," Averman began in his commentator voice, "With us is Greg Goldberg, Goaltender for Team USA. Greg, what is it gonna take to beat those fiesty Icelanders tonight?" Daisy giggled quietly as Goldberg puffed out his chest.

"I think it'll take a supreme independent effort by me, Greg Goldberg. Granted, the assistance of my fellow player, Daisy "The Flash" Jacobs will be helpful within this effort," Goldberg responded as he lightly nudged Daisy who simply laughed in response to his comment. "Let's play hockey," The ref demanded as he skated by the three skaters. "Okay, cut it," Averman said as if a camera crew were standing with him which only made Daisy laugh more. The three of them skated over to the bench for Bombay's pre-game pep talk before half the team went onto the ice and the other half sat on the bench.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy was on the ice, she stood left wing with the opposing Iceland player smirking down at her. Jesse took the face-off against Iceland's player, Gunnar Stahl. Once the whistle blew, Jesse and Gunnar battled for the puck only to be intercepted by Dean who shoved Gunnar to the ground. "Come on fool, get up!" Dean yelled to the Iceland player as Daisy shook her head at Dean as the ref blew the whistle and skated over to them. Dean's arm shot out in the air accidently causing the ref to fall onto the ice resulting in Dean being kicked from the game which was not good as he was their best defenseman other than Fulton.

Daisy looked over to Bombay who was unhappy with the referees decision to remove Dean from the game. When the game resumed, the Iceland team got the puck and shot it into the net scoring their first goal. "Wake up, defense! I can't do this all myself," Goldberg shouted to the team which only made Daisy sigh as she turned to him, "You don't think we're trying, Goldberg! You barely stay in the net, so don't give us problems." Daisy skated away from Goldberg who went quiet from Daisy's sudden outburst. Charlie and Adam shared a concerned look as she took the next face-off, glaring down at Gunnar who smirked at her.