3.4

⊱ ─ Risky Changes ─ ⊰

Coach Orion walked into the locker room, everyone went silent. "Eden Hall requires you to maintain a C Average to compete," Orion explained making a couple of the boy's smile. "I don't want any C players on my team, I want B or higher. Or you'll be riding the pine pony," Orion demanded. Daisy took a deep breath knowing she was gonna struggle with that. "You have fifteen minutes to clear this locker room after every practice, you have homework to do," Orion finished, placing the paper on the wall before walking towards the door.

Daisy leaned forward and rested her head in her hands as Orion turned to the others. "Oh, one more thing. Stay clear of the Varsity until we play 'em in the J.V - Varsity showdown. You got that?" Orion ordered getting agreements back before leaving. "Fifteen minutes? Man, I cannot move," Russ complained. "Hey, you guys, look. He posted our positions," Connie said. Daisy made her way over to look at the paper, her eyes widening. "I'm center? But I play left wing..." Daisy said before backing away allowing the others to look.

Fulton looked next, "I don't believe this. I play left side, not right." He sat down next to Daisy as she removed her padding, leaving her in her white shirt. "Third line! Man, that's a major diss," Russ said next before walking away from the list. "I'm not even posted," Adam spoke next. "Yeah, you are," Connie assured, pointing to the sheet, "Adam Banks, third line, center. Varsity?" Adam looked up at the sheet. "I made Varsity?" Adam asked, stunned.

Adam sat on the other side of Daisy who smiled at him, "Congrats Adam." He nodded slightly. "That's the great thing about being goalie, you know? You always know where you stand. I just mind my business, take my place between the pipes," Goldberg bragged only for Averman to rain on his parade. "You're riding the pine pony, pal," Averman said laughing. "Very funny," Goldberg said with a chuckle. "Julie's one. You're two," Averman informed him. Goldberg jumped up and rushed over to the sheet, "I'm back up? How can he do this to me? What am I, chopped liver?"

Dwayne looked at the list, "Hey... Who - Who's Captain Tibid?" Guy shook his head at Dwayne's dullness. "Oh, that's Captain T.B.D. To be determined," Guy explained. "Oh. Oh, I see. Well, no, I don't. That's your job, Charlie," Dwayne answered back looking at the Conway boy whose face fell. "Hold up... "Potential Captain - Daisy Jacobs"..." Guy read out to everyone. Charlie turned to Daisy who instantly looked up completely stunned, "What?!" Daisy jumped up and looked at the sheet hoping that Guy was messing around but he wasn't. Daisy turned to Charlie who scowled at her before looking away, her heart was racing as she rushed out of the locker room.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"ORION!" Daisy yelled as she walked into his office. "Yes, Jacobs?" Orion asked barely looking up at her. "First, you take Charlie's captain spot, then you put Adam on Varsity away from us, and now - now, you are gonna make me Captain?" Daisy exclaimed. "Daisy, sit down," Orion spoke calmly. Daisy hesitated for a moment before sitting down as Orion placed the paper in his hand down on his desk. "Daisy, you are one of the best hockey players in your time. On top of that, you are a female hockey player. You will be a role model for any girls who wish to play hockey and you have the skill to make it to the pros," Orion stated.

Daisy looked down at her hands that were resting in her lap. "I meant what I said, the Ducks are the past. This is my team now. You are center and if you kept playing well, you will be Captain," Orion said as he leaned back in his seat. "You would've been on Varsity with Banks, but Wilson didn't want a girl on his team and that's his loss," Orion continued before sighing. "Look, Daisy... You have your father's skill and I know that you are the Captain this team needs," Orion finished. Daisy looked up at him with sad eyes, "But... Charlie is our Captain... He'll hate me."

Orion shook his head, "If he can't be proud of you, then is he really in love with you?" Daisy looked up at Orion with wide eyes before letting a tear fall. "That's the thing, Orion... I don't know if he is anymore," Daisy spoke before standing up. "I appreciate the faith you have in my skills but I don't want the Captain spot," Daisy tells him before making her way out of the room without giving Orion a chance to respond. She looked down as she walked, wiping her eyes as the tears began to fall.

Daisy bumped into someone causing her to fall to the floor. "Sorry!" Daisy quickly apologised as she looked up. "It's no worry, beautiful," A boy spoke as he held out his hand for her. Daisy took his hand with a small smile, he pulled her up off the ground with no trouble. "I'm really sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going," Daisy rambled making him chuckle. "Really, it's fine. It's not every day that you bump into a beautiful girl," He said as he adjusted his hair. Daisy blushed at the compliment, "Thank you, uh..." He cleared his throat, "Right! I'm Benny Harris. And you?" Daisy smiled, "I'm Daisy Jacobs."

Benny nodded before his eyes widened, "Wait... You're Daisy Jacobs? The Flash on Ice, Daisy Jacobs?" Daisy's smile widened, "Yeah, I am." He smiled widely, "Wow! I, uh, I watched you play at the Goodwill Games. You're a really good player. I'm totally not upset about you taking my place on the J.V. team." Daisy coughed slightly as he chuckled. "Really, it's fine. Gives me an opportunity to work on my grades, you know?" Benny assured with a smile. "Right, of course," Daisy answered with a slight chuckle. "Well, I gotta get to the locker room to change. So..." Daisy trailed off.

Benny nodded with a smile, "Yeah, no worries. I'll, uh, see you around." Daisy nodded before walking around him and walking away. Benny turned to watch her walk away, "I look forward to the first game!" Daisy shook her head slightly before waving to Benny who leaned against the wall smiling in her direction. Daisy disappeared around the corner completely oblivious to the boy who had been watching the whole encounter. Charlie looked down before looking over to Benny who pumped his arm in victory as he walked away, Charlie was drowning in jealously.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1147}

P.S: Benny's face claim is Joe Keery
Originally was gonna be Tom Holland.
But I've got a new love for Stranger Things.
So like... Steve Harrington, ya know?!

 Steve Harrington, ya know?!