2.11

⊱ ─ Iceland vs Ducks Pt.1 ─ ⊰

And the game begins with Averman taking the face-off and Iceland was not playing around. Not even seven minutes into the game and Iceland was throwing Team USA around like rag dolls. Iceland got the puck first but when they shot it, Goldberg saved it. He had stolen the puck and passed it to Dean who was shoved into glass before the save by Goldberg. The puck was still resting in Team USA's zone when Goldberg was tripped giving Iceland a free shot into the goal scoring their first point. "Line change!" Bombay called out, Daisy jumped up off the bench and headed out onto the ice. Charlie grabbed Daisy's arm, "Keep your cool, Dais. You've got this!"

Daisy took right wing and let out a deep breath as Guy took the face-off, winning the puck and passing it to Daisy who quickly passed it to Russ. He skated down before passing the puck to Guy as two Iceland players pushed Russ against the glass causing him to fall over. Russ got up once the players had skated away, he made his way over to the net. "Over here, man! Get me the puck!" Russ called out. Guy passed the puck to Russ as Daisy shoved two Iceland players down, Russ prepared for his knucklepuck but an Iceland player stole the puck before he could shoot it.

Iceland skated to the net and shot the puck, scoring another point. Team USA was down by two as Daisy skated over to the bench and sat down next to Adam, she quickly slugged some water before focusing on the game. "We can't make it. Iceland's bigger, stronger, faster. They have more facial hair!" Averman exclaimed. Daisy looked over at him with raised brows, "Averman... chill out, man!" Daisy watched the game and noticed a few weaker players in Iceland, deciding she'd go for them in the next line change.

Coach Bombay sent Adam, Daisy sat on the edge of her seat worried about the previously injured boy. Charlie rested his hand on Daisy's shoulder as they watched Adam get the puck and skate down center ice, Gunnar Stahl was skating closely next to him. Adam went down and swerved to the right, as he turned, Sanderson went over and slammed his stick down onto Adam's wrist. Daisy jumped up ready to go out there but Charlie grabbed her arm and pulled her back as she yelled, "Come on ref! Call something and do your damn job!"

She took a deep breath before leaning into Charlie, allowing herself to relax. Coach Bombay forced some of his team to sit down before turning to the ref, "Hey ref, why don't you call something! He nearly took his arm off!" Adam skated over holding his wrist, taking the seat next to Daisy who immediately grabbed his arm to carefully inspect it. "I'm okay," Adam reassured the girl. "Are you sure?" Bombay asks as he sat on the other side of Adam. "Yeah, I'm fine. He only hit the pad. Really." Adam moved his wrist around to demonstrate, the others breathed a sigh of relief.

Bombay turned to Charlie who motioned towards Daisy, with a sigh, Bombay stood up. "Daisy, get out there!" Bombay ordered, Daisy nodded and smirked as she pulled on her helmet. She jumped over the boards and skated to the middle with a smirk on her face as she looked up at Sanderson. Connie skated down center ice and passed the puck to Luis who then passed it to Dwayne. Daisy shoved down a couple of the Iceland players she had analyzed earlier before catching up to the others. Dwayne passed the puck to Daisy who skated towards the net, she was about to hit it in when one of the Iceland players shoved her down hard before stealing the puck.

Daisy didn't move right away as Connie rushed over to her, she knelt down to Daisy whose eyes were closed as she took steady breaths. "Daisy?" Connie said as the crowd went quiet as the ref blew the whistle. Daisy opened her eyes and smiled lightly at Connie though a mischievous glint sparkled in her eyes and Connie knew what she was doing. The ref removed the Iceland player from the game as Connie helped Daisy up, the girl carefully stretched as the ref approached her. "You alright?" The ref asks. "Yeah, it took the breath out of me for a moment. I'm good," Daisy reassured before cracking her neck and skating in a circle as reassurance.

The ref nodded before skating off as Daisy looked to Bombay and winked. Bombay looked at Charlie before he leaned down to the Conway boy, "Did she really just use the cheating lesson from years ago to get that Iceland player out?" Charlie smiled as he shook his head, "I don't think she acted hurt, Coach. But she definitely made it seem worse." The two nodded as they looked out to Daisy who was now skating after Iceland who had the puck. Luis was right behind the Iceland player with the puck when he tripped and fell into the player, both of them fell into the net getting Iceland another point in front of Team USA.

Jesse leads the flying V, only to be knocked down by Iceland. They get the puck and score once again placing Iceland four goals ahead of Team USA. Averman took the face-off and got knocked down. However, the Bash Brothers were on the ice, so Fulton and Dean were knocking down players left, right and center with Daisy's help. Ken got the puck and began doing his tricks to distract the defense. Ken splits the defense and skated over to the net, Fulton passed the puck to Ken who then scores. Team USA cheered for their first score, those on the ice surrounded the small figure skater.

"Pretty sweet, huh?" Ken says to the goalie before he goes to skate away. The goalie went after him and so Ken turned to the goalie throwing down his stick and gloves before pulling the goalies shirt over their head like Russ' brother had taught him. Everyone cheered for Ken as he got escorted to the penalty box, Fulton and Dean celebrated Ken's move happily. They skated around hyping up the crowd before skating past the Iceland bench where they hit every player on their head, getting them sent to the penalty box along with Ken. Bombay sent Connie back out on the ice with Daisy, the two girls fist-bumped before getting into their positions.

Not even two minutes later, Sanderson had shoved Connie into a wall aggravating Daisy who skated over to help Connie up. "I'm gonna get him, just wait for it," Daisy said to Connie as they both glared at the Iceland player who smirked at them. They went back to the game and the puck was quickly sent into the corner, Connie rushed over to get it but she was struggling. Sanderson shoved Daisy down before skating towards Connie when Dwayne's voice caught Daisy's attention, "Yee haw! I'm comin' Connie!" Daisy laughed as he roped up Sanderson pulling him away from Connie. He helped Daisy up off of the ice and they skated up to Connie and Sanderson who was currently roped up.

"That isn't how you treat a lady!" Dwayne told the Iceland player as the girl's looked at each other. "Thanks Dwayne! But we ain't no ladies," Connie started for Daisy to finish, "We're Ducks!" Both girls shoved Sanderson down before skating off to the bench, fist-bumping as they went. The second game period was over and the team headed into the locker room where they talked about the game. Charlie stopped Daisy and pulled her to the side, "Some interesting plays out there, Daisy." Daisy giggled, "What can I say? We've got two epic coaches." Charlie smirked as he cupped her face, "I'm so glad you came back, sunshine." Daisy smiled, leaning in to kiss her boyfriend before they joined the others.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Next chapter is the final for D2!
-Rose <3
{1360}