2.1

⊱ ─ Quack Attack Is Back! ─ ⊰

It had been two years since Gordon Bombay turned District Five into the Mighty Ducks, two years since he left to play for the Minor Leagues and two years since Daisy Jacobs left Minnesota. Charlie had been heavily focused on Ice Hockey quickly claiming the captaincy as they continued to fight for their undefeated title successfully. The Ducks were a force to be reckoned with and the others knew this, but it wasn't enough for the group of Ducks.

When Gordon Bombay was badly injured playing in the Minor Leagues, he returned home to Minnesota where he was picked up by Jan, Han's brother and taken back to the brother's shop. Charlie was sharpening skates as Gordon slept on the couch only to be startled awake by the Conway boy. "Sorry, did I wake you?" Charlie asks Gordon as he walked over. "Hey Charlie," Gordon greets the boy before the two embrace each other in a hug. Jan walked over to the two, "For breakfast, my speciality: Jan's hasen-" The two cut him off together, "Hasenpfeffer and eggs." Jan looked up at the two before shrugging.

Gordon smirked up at Jan, "I thought I smelled something burning." Charlie chuckled at the statement. "I see you've met my new apprentice," Jan says to Gordon. "Jan told me you did this job when you were my age," Charlie says to Gordon with a smile. "That's right. I hope he pays you more," Gordon responded as he grabbed his breakfast. "You got paid?" Charlie questioned his coach before turning to Jan who waved him off, "Eat. Everybody, before the hasenpfeffer gets cold." They all ate together. "So, I hear that Daisy left a couple of months after me," Gordon mentions to Charlie who immediately frowned.

He let out a sigh before turning to Gordon, "I miss her. It's been two years but..." Gordon nodded, "But if she walked into the room, it'd be like she never left. You'd still feel the same?" Charlie nodded as he slumped in his seat. "Maybe it's stupid. She's probably moved on, joined a new hockey team where someone caught her eye," Charlie begrudgingly said making Jan and Gordon smile at the boy. "Are you saying not a single girl since has stood out to you?" Gordon asks. "Not a single one," Charlie responded before getting up and walking off to work.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Charlie was in his room listening to rock music through his walkman when a familiar sound echoed outside. "Hey, Charlie!" Gordon shouted up to the boy's window. Charlie removed his headphones and leaned out the window. "Hey! You wanna play some hockey?" Gordon asks the boy making him smile immediately. He quickly threw on his rollerskates, helmet and his Duck's jersey before rushing downstairs where Gordon informed him to round up the Ducks. Charlie took off to round up the Ducks, starting with Jesse Hall who was already in gear playing hockey with other people on the basketball court.

Charlie blew through the duck whistle gaining Jesse's attention. "Hey, Charlie!" The boy shouted out. "Jesse, we're back!" The two rushed off down the street. "Let's go get Averman!" Jesse says to Charlie before the two push off to move faster down the street. The two skated through the mall reaching the arcade where they encouraged Averman to go with them before they continued on their way to Connie and Guy who were on a date. Charlie blew on the duck whistle catching Connie's attention as Averman spoke, "The Quack Attack is back, Jack!" Connie turned to Guy encouraging him to follow her.

Guy looked up at the three boys, "I was this close!" He whined making the boys laugh before they rushed off, Charlie blowing on the whistle while the others whooped and cheered through the streets of Minnesota. The Ducks skated up to "Goldberg's Delicates", his families diner and leaned up against the windows squawking together. "Goldberg!" They all shouted in unison gaining the goalie's attention straight away. Once they rounded up Goldberg, they headed off to round up their next target; Adam Banks.

The Ducks rolled up to see Banks practising in his driveway, Charlie blew the duck whistle gaining the boy's attention. "Hey, cake-eater! You wanna play some real hockey?" Jesse asks the smiling boy who agreed instantly. "Guys, it's an international competition. It's us against the world," Charlie tells the Ducks as they skated through the park. "Hey man! bring 'em on. We're ready!" Goldberg cheers. "Oh, Goldberg!" Jesse says before lightly pushing the boy who immediately lost control and tumbled down a small hill.

The team continued skating through the park oblivious to the Hawk players setting up a wire only for Fulton Reed to beat them up and tie them to the tree using the wire, leaving them in their boxes. "That'll teach them to mess with the Ducks! Yeah!" Fulton shouted happily as the others cheered, waving their arms around. They continued skating through the park until they reached Bombay as they chanted Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! Ducks! making their coach smile at them as they circled around him.

The eight Ducks all smiled at each other as Bombay spoke, "Welcome back, Ducks! I really missed you guys. Are you ready to fly?" They all cheered in agreement as a limo pulled up to the curb gaining the attention of the Ducks. "Hey, guys! I'm Don Tibbles, Hendrix Hockey Apparel," Tibbles says as he stood out of the sunroof of the limo. "We're your official sponsors. Does anybody want a card?" He offered, the Ducks all rushed to collect a card until Bombay stopped them.

Bombay climbed into the limo to speak with Tibbles as the Ducks gushed about their amazing return to hockey. "I can't believe we are gonna play in the Junior Goodwill Games!" Connie gushed as Guy stood next to her. "We are so ready to win this!" Goldberg beamed as the others nodded in agreement. "How crazy is this? We started out as some loser team called District Five," Averman started only for Jesse to continue, "And now we are gonna be playing for Team USA!" Charlie smiled at his team as they all continued rambling on about their excitement, he was ready for this too. But he couldn't help but feel as though the team was missing something - someone.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"Former Pee Wee Coach and Minor League Player, Gordon Bombay makes the move to the national stage as he steps behind the bench for Team U.S.A. Coach Bombay's Ducks will be joined by some of the top young players from around the United States," A sports announcer states over the radio as newspapers are handed out to people on the streets, everyone gearing up for the big games.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1160}