1.3

⊱ ─ You Can't Make Me Cheat ─ ⊰

Daisy couldn't believe what she was hearing, Coach Bombay wanted them to cheat in order to win a game. "One... Two... Three... BOOM!" Coach Bombay yelled as Karp skated and fell. The team laughed while Charlie and Daisy shook their heads disappointed in the team's agreement with this. "What are you laughing at cream cheese boy? Let's go!" Bombay yelled at Goldberg before putting the team in groups of two, except for Daisy due to the uneven numbers. But she didn't mind because she wanted nothing to do with the cheating, that was an easy man's game and her father taught her better than that.

She watched as her friends pulled on each other's skates with their sticks making them fall to the ice harshly. "To cheat, you gotta make those falls look real," Bombay says to them. Daisy huffed and shook her head which Charlie had noticed making him smile knowing he wasn't the only one against cheating. Coach Bombay made the team stand in two lines facing each other as he paced down the middle of them. "Good, now say it again!" Bombay says. "Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant!" Everyone yelled except for Daisy who was looking down at the ice.

Bombay stopped in front of Daisy, "Jacobs!" She looked up at him, "I didn't hear you." She shook her head, "I can't believe my father ever spoke highly about you. If I wanted a coach like Reilly, I'd play for the Hawks." Bombay stayed quiet as Daisy skated off and sat down in the box with her head in her hands. "Alright! One more time!" Bombay yelled. "Take the fall, Act hurt, Get indignant!" Everyone yelled together again. "Good. You guys are ready," Bombay says making Daisy huff before walking out and heading to the locker room.

Guy walked in behind Daisy and sat down next to her as she rested her head in her hands, "I cannot believe he's okay with cheating. Is that why he hates Hockey now?" Daisy looked up at Guy who gave her a questioning look. "He knows the game, he knows the rules and clearly he knows enough to know how to cheat... He clearly has a bad past with Hockey that my father never mentioned but... Cheating doesn't make us winners. The win means nothing," Daisy explained as she took a deep breath. "I know what you mean, Daisy. But it would be nice to win for once," Guy replies to her with a kind smile.

Daisy let out a sigh before she removed her skates, "I know, Guy. But is it worth it in the end?" Guy stayed quiet as he looked down, she nodded to herself before getting up and walking around the corner to change out of her hockey gear into her casual clothes. When she walked back around to Guy, the door opened and the rest of the team walked in. Jesse walked straight up to Daisy and pulled her into a tight hug, she let her head fall on his shoulder and closed her eyes. She knew where she needed to go and who she needed to talk to.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy walked slowly through the snowy grass pulling on the jacket she stole from Jesse on tighter. She spotted a few people around her but ultimately she only had one place set in mind as she walked through the open gate. She walked past the rows and rows of gravestones with a heavy heart until she reached the pathway she needed to take. She followed down the path as the chilly breeze blew through her short blonde hair, she took slow deep breaths as she reached her father's gravestone.

She sat down in front of it and let out a sigh, "Hey daddy, It's been a while since I've visited but... You won't believe who is coaching our team... Gordon Bombay. Yep, he's back." Daisy huffed a laugh, "Though you can probably already see that. But, he's making us cheat to win tonight's game, dad. I hate the idea and I don't know what to do." Daisy looked down as she sat in silence for a few minutes. "I wish you were still here, dad, you'd know what to do," Daisy whispers, the sound taken by the soft wind before she got up and wished her father goodbye, heading off to the park.