Chapter 16 - Insight

—Parpaldia Empire, Esthirant—

"Hmm..." Kaios sat in his specified Third-foreign affairs office as he scrutinized the papers regarding the several countries outside the third civilized area, much of which were regarding the countries under Parpaldia's supplementation or influence.

"Fenn's decision still unknown... Topa's Slave trade has ceased... *sigh*" he sighed before looking back at the paper Remille left him.

"..."

He had already been given information by Remille regarding the fall of louria. He remembered what he said to Remille out of pure disbelief;

|||||||||||

Kaios observed the papers in his hand while Remille stood still just in-front of his desk, after handing him the documents.

"Louria... Lost...? To-... The Northern Axis Treaty Organization...? . . . Ms. Remille, You must understand that this nonsense can not be reconciled with what's been proven possible."

"Explain." She bluntly said

"Wh... Iron dragons that fly faster than wyvern lords, Iron Elephants That can destroy buildings with a single projectile launched from its snout, Iron Ships, capable of releasing light arrows the chased its targets like a bird to its prey. That being said... Ms. Remille, I highly suggest we may probably need to replace some of our personnel for-"

"That won't be needed Kaios, they aren't wrong." Remille said.

"Wai... Ms. Remille, do you actually believe this nonsense? You... *sigh* Its risky for me to say this; but what you're doing is unbecoming of a member for the royal family, Remille." Kaios said. Remille didn't respond verbally, but with a quiet stare. Kaios started sweating bullets at the dreaded silence.

Remille simply walked over to his office's window, staring at esthirant in its state at night. "You are aware of the legends concerning the Ancient Sorcerous Empire and the Crowned Republic Of Mu, correct?"

"...Yes, Ms. Remille."

"Then I'm sure you know about what both says?"

"...Why... Yes But-"

"The Day when the Ancient sorcerous empire shall return will be the same as when they had first arrived. The world shall be engulfed by darkness..." Remille said on the Ancient Sorcerous Empire. "The Day We have Come was through blinding light, and we have found lands unfamiliar to what we have trekked and walked upon in the past." She said on Mu. Before turning to look back at Kaios.

"Where do you think I'm getting at With I'm saying." She asked, Kaios didn't exactly reply.

"These two states have arrived in this world by by Unknown means, and both had entirely different origins and ways of transference, the ASE immediately had access to powerful magic and was followed by darkness, while Mu didn't have access to magic and was followed by light." Remille said.

"We all are aware of the Great Darkness that happened not too long ago, Flashes Of Light followed by the darkening of our Artificial lights. We have know there is nothing that can stand against us in the third and outside civilizations. But after that event, we now have several occurrences, that don't just add up to be considered 'misinformation', circulating to the east." said

"...Ms. Remille..." Kaios said. "What has happened to you?" He asked. Remille simply raised an eyebrow.

"First those new laws, and... Now this? Aren't you aware of what you're becoming?!" Kaios fumed, feeling her belief in nonsense such as 'transference' is the final straw.