Chapter 13

~FLASHBACK~ (3 YEARS AGO)

Sivaangi roams around whistling in her house at night, when she heard a muffled crying. Who is crying at this time ? The first thing that came to her mind is ghost. She freaked out for a moment but then realized, the voice is familiar.

She walked down the hallway and stopped in front Meena ma's room, where the sound crying seemed clearer. Sivaangi never seen her crying before, she was always silent but she never cried. This is what she probably does at night ? She masks up with a smile at morning and cry her heart out at night ?

Sivaangi slowly peeped in, it was indeed Meena ma crying, holding a ragged piece of paper or maybe a photo ? Is it her husband's ? But she never saw his uncle's photo ever before.

"Maa", Sivaangi called gently from the door.

Meena ma startled and immediate hide the photo, wiped her tears and put on a smile.

"Vaa Shivu", she faked a smile.

Sivaangi didn't say anything but instead just went sit beside her with a concerned look.

"Thungeleya ? Inthe nerathula enna pandre", Meena ma asked brushing her hair.

"Thookam varaleh", she replied.

Both of them stayed silent for a bit.

"Ungalukke enna evalo pidikum?", Sivaangi asked.

"Enakku yaare ma irukka, ennaku unna mattum thaa pidikum", Meena ma answered with a smile.

"Appo anthe photo'le irukerethe yaare ?", Sivaangi finally asked.

"Appedilam enthe photo vum illeh ma", Meena ma denied.

"I saw it, and you were crying. Please tell me", Sivaangi asked.

"There's nothing Shivu, you go and sleep", Meena ma denied again.

"I thought you wouldn't lie to me", Sivaangi said.

Meena ma stayed silent for a bit. She looked at Sivaangi, the only person gives her a little joy. She took the photo she hid under the pillow and handed it to Shivu with tears.

"It's a baby ?", Sivaangi asked surprised. As much as she knew, Meena ma never had a baby and her husband died in a car crash. 

Meena ma nodded weakly.

"Wait ? Is it yours ?", Sivaangi asked with eyes wide open.

"I think it's time for you to know the truth", Meena ma said.

Sivaangi was beyond confused. She looked at Meena ma for answers.

"Athe ennode kuzhantai tha ma", Meena ma answered.

"Ithe yen ninggeh solle ve illeh", Sivaangi asked in disbelief.

"Anthe incident appo nee innum porakave ille ma. We decided not to tell you until you're old enough", Meena ma said.

"Is it a boy ? What's his name ?", Sivaangi asked.

"Ashwin", Meena ma said.

"What happened to him ?", Sivaangi asked.

To be continued....

A/N: Hi guys, so since many of you guys guessed, here's the truth. But what really happened to Ashwin ? What will be his reaction when he finds out about the truth ? I will reveal it in up coming chapters ! 💗☃️