27.| End

♡Emerson Taylor♡︎

-3 years later-

"I'm just going for a little mom!" I call into the room after her.

"Okay!" She responds.

I've been back already two days for Christmas break, I've seen Ryden but none of the rest of them. We're juniors in college, we've got bigger things to worry about than each other.

I decide I'm going to take a walk around the town, up to our town's public square.

I'm in slightly heeled black boots, jeans, a long-ish over jacket and my mid-length hair is slightly curled.

I wasn't back this year for Thanksgiving, so this is my first time here since last Christmas

I wasn't back this year for Thanksgiving, so this is my first time here since last Christmas. I wish I could come and see mom and Tom more often, but it's a fourteen hour car ride.

Ivor and JJ of course excelled at Ohio State in the football department, and so did Ben and Oliver in New York.

JJ's already been given draft offers, by teams I know he's wanted. I haven't heard much about Ivor, though.

We all still talk in the group chat sometimes but about random stuff, not life altering futuristic decisions. We lost that in freshman year. I still talk to Ryden of course, a lot more than the rest of them. Even though our picture still hangs in my dorm.

My room mate ended up being amazing. Her name is Luna, she's a physiology major. She's neat, does her homework, reads, and doesn't have a boyfriend who's in the dorm constantly.

I honestly probably couldn't have made out with that better.

I'm walking through the square for a minute, seeing subtle changes in layouts and buildings. Admiring the book store coffee shop that I'll have to visit later. But I've heard Dory's passed, so I think her nephew might run the place now.

Before I get to Dory's or anywhere else I hung out at in my youth, I see a new small diner and decide that's what I'm going to try out, I'd kill a family of seven for a coffee right now.

I walk in and hear the bell ding above my head, signaling to the staff that a new costumer has walked in.

I'm about to keep walking to the bar-ish looking thing to sit and order, when I hear an all too familiar voice.

"Hey, Taylor." For a second I don't want to turn around, scared that it's a dream or that he'll disappear if I look.

Still, I turn. I'm met with the eyes of Ivor Hill. It's been four years since we broke up in high school, but now standing in front of him, it feels like it was yesterday.

"Hey, Mr. Hill." I stammer, bewildered.

"Coffee?" He asks and gestures towards his booth. Against what it probably my better judgment, I sit with him.