2.| Practice

♡︎Emerson♡︎

I knew he'd be here because cheerleading practice and football practice is usually at the same time.

It's still annoying as hell though.

I sat at the bleachers a little ways away from the girls that members of the football team probably brought.

Most of them don't have girlfriends by the way.

I pulled out my phone, thank god I charged it at Ryden's house.

I put my Air Pods in and decided to watch something.

Half way through, I looked up and saw the girls practicing a pyramid formation, and the guys were doing planks.

Why are they doing stretches like 45 minutes into practice? Anyways.

Coach B is also the cheer and football coach. Don't ask me how he knows how to play, or at least coach, all these different sports so well. Or how he has the time to do it all, but there's no like assistant coach.

It's literally just him. Poor coach B.

I wonder if I could help him out in the basketball department? Just because I can't play the sport doesn't mean I can't help him coach it. I'll talk to him about that later. Or text him, whichever.

I did play for almost, on an actual team, for almost 12 years.

Before I joined a team, when I was 4, I did things like clinics and one on one stuff, and some things at my preschool and daycares.

I would've have played through high school and college if I could.

I don't know if I'd play past college though. I think I'd want to explore doing other things in my life. I guess now I can.

Coach B told both teams what they needed to do for the next drill or whatever and then walked over to me.

Sitting down next to me on the bleachers, he sighed.

"Your cheerleading team is... great this year." I said.

"I know right," he rolled his eyes.

I laughed and then decided I could ask him about basketball.

"Hey, do you need any help coaching?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't have any extracurriculars anymore," I held up my knee, "plus there's only one coach to coach all the teams plus be the gym teacher. And I know basketball like the back of my hand soooo-"

"Are you serious?" He asked.

Uh oh.

"Yes?"

"Really?" He smiled.

"Yes."

"But what about your knee, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself," he cautioned.

"I'll be fine," I rolled my eyes.

"I would love your help coaching the basketball team!" We only have 1 basketball team. It's an all girls team too. Budget.

"But I don't think we could pay you," he shook his head.

"That's totally okay! I don't need the money." I reassured.

"Damnnnnn, when can you start?"

"When do you need me?"

"There's a practice tomorrow at 6, you can get to know the girls and their positions," he recalled. I say recalled because it looked like he actually had to think to remember.